Used Royal Sultan Vs. New Reflections (vita) Granada

Vinces00

I was jut about to buy a New Reflections (Vita) Grenada for about 7.5K..and then I found a 2 year, barely used, Royal Sultan for 5K from a private owner. The guy said he paid about 11K for it..which seems like a rip off but the used price seems good. Its in perfect condition and has had no problems with it.

The question is do I spend almost 3K more to get a new spa or take advantage of getting a used spa and save about 3K?

Interested in opinions.

Vince that is really something that only you can decide. I just wanted to let you know that my sister has had a royal spa for 5 years. They have never missed a day of tubbing. They are truely obsessed. They have been very happy with their spa. I think they had a pump go bad under warranty and they had no problem getting it replaced. My husband was just commenting last night, that 5 years for them is more like 15 years for someone else, they use it THAT much.

I'm a fan of buying used, but it all depends on what you can live with, and what tub you like better. With used you aren't going to have a warranty, so you have to plan for a potential breakdown. The $3000 cost difference will probably pay for a number of repairs. I think the most important thing is comfort of the tub. Which one is more comfortable for you to sit in? The money saved isn't going to do you any good if you don't like using the tub. I'd go with whichever tub was more comfortable for you.

Okay, I just saw something that has me a bit confused.

In your other thread, you say that you can buy a new Royal Spa Emporer for $7700.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9692

Why not just buy that spa new, instead of the used one? Then you are comparing a new Royal Spa to a new Grenada. It's easier to make an apples to apples comparison. Plus, you'd get the new warranty and the dealer support.

Is the used Royal Spa that you're looking at a fancier model than the new one you were considering? Why did you decide to buy the new Grenada over the new Royal Spa in the first place? If you were comparing the used Royal Spa to a new Royal Spa, then I'd say look at the used to save money. But if you weren't going to buy a Royal Spa in the first place, and the only reason you are considering the Royal Spa now is because it's cheap, then I would say that you should rethink that decision. Buy the spa that you are going to be happy with for the next 10 years. It's a long-term purchase, you might as well get what you want, instead of buying something based on price. A few years from now, that $3000 you saved isn't going to feel like much if you aren't happy with your spa.

If you do go used, offer the guy $4000. There's a limited market for used spas, so you can probably talk him down. ;)

Okay, I just saw something that has me a bit confused.

In your other thread, you say that you can buy a new Royal Spa Emporer for $7700.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9692

Why not just buy that spa new, instead of the used one? Then you are comparing a new Royal Spa to a new Grenada. It's easier to make an apples to apples comparison. Plus, you'd get the new warranty and the dealer support.

Is the used Royal Spa that you're looking at a fancier model than the new one you were considering? Why did you decide to buy the new Grenada over the new Royal Spa in the first place? If you were comparing the used Royal Spa to a new Royal Spa, then I'd say look at the used to save money. But if you weren't going to buy a Royal Spa in the first place, and the only reason you are considering the Royal Spa now is because it's cheap, then I would say that you should rethink that decision. Buy the spa that you are going to be happy with for the next 10 years. It's a long-term purchase, you might as well get what you want, instead of buying something based on price. A few years from now, that $3000 you saved isn't going to feel like much if you aren't happy with your spa.

If you do go used, offer the guy $4000. There's a limited market for used spas, so you can probably talk him down. ;)

Thanks for the comments...and you are correct, the main reason I was considering the used Royal was because it was 3K cheaper and it was only 2 years old. If price were not an issue I would buy the Grenada. I like the layout better and the dealer has an excellent reputation.