Outdoor Hot Tubs, Going To Take The Plunge

newtotubbing

B) After much research we feel we have narrowed down the choices to Arctic or Hot Springs. Any feed back I can get would be very helpful before we take the plunge both figuratively and literally.

Wet test, wet test, and then wet test...

Thanks we are going to wet test both the end of the week!

I would literally wet test them back to back rather than test one and then the other a few days later. Let us know how that goes because that means more than anything we say at this point.

You'll find plenty of satisfied owners of each of these brands so that wet test. Add to that your comfort level with your dealer (his experience, your feel for how helpful he'll be with issues, how long in business and your feel for his longevity, etc.). Those two will trump anything we can say since these are reputable brands.

Make sure the pricing you get is all inclusive. You don't want to have to add items after the sale (lifter, steps, chems, subpanel, ozone, etc.) as it's more costly to do it that way.

B) After much research we feel we have narrowed down the choices to Arctic or Hot Springs. Any feed back I can get would be very helpful before we take the plunge both figuratively and literally.

I would literally wet test them back to back rather than test one and then the other a few days later. Let us know how that goes because that means more than anything we say at this point.

You'll find plenty of satisfied owners of each of these brands so that wet test. Add to that your comfort level with your dealer (his experience, your feel for how helpful he'll be with issues, how long in business and your feel for his longevity, etc.). Those two will trump anything we can say since these are reputable brands.

Make sure the pricing you get is all inclusive. You don't want to have to add items after the sale (lifter, steps, chems, subpanel, ozone, etc.) as it's more costly to do it that way.

More great advice, we were not planning on wet testing back to back, but WILL do so...Thank you so much! We hope to be happy hot tub owners soon! Thanks agan!

We decided to go with Arctic after wet testing.We bought the cub model.We wet tested hot springs tubs too,cant remember which models& felt that we floated around too much.No one can tell you which one is good for you....test yourself.I can say though the arctic tubs have a rougher type surface that did the hot springs & we liked that.Weve only had it for 5 days so time will tell how it goes.The electric usage I hope wont be as bad as I,ve heard.I dont think that theres a perfect tub out there so do as most of the good people on this forum say...wet test. good luck

We decided to go with Arctic after wet testing.We bought the cub model.We wet tested hot springs tubs too,cant remember which models& felt that we floated around too much.No one can tell you which one is good for you....test yourself.I can say though the arctic tubs have a rougher type surface that did the hot springs & we liked that.Weve only had it for 5 days so time will tell how it goes.The electric usage I hope wont be as bad as I,ve heard.I dont think that theres a perfect tub out there so do as most of the good people on this forum say...wet test. good luck

Thanks to all....wet tests are set up for tomorrow, will post after!

More great advice, we were not planning on wet testing back to back, but WILL do so...Thank you so much! We hope to be happy hot tub owners soon! Thanks agan!

The Wet tests went great and we decided to purchase the Arctic, we are so excited. Working on electric, tub will be delivered and installed next week. Thanks for all your opnions and look forward to a long wonderful life with our new tub! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

The Wet tests went great and we decided to purchase the Arctic, we are so excited. Working on electric, tub will be delivered and installed next week. Thanks for all your opnions and look forward to a long wonderful life with our new tub! :rolleyes:

The new tub has been delivered and up and running. Love it! Been hot tubing daily, mornings are great! afternoons are wonderful but the evening, the tub lights are my favorite by far. Wonder if you have any suggestions on lotions for after the tubing experience. Something that works with the body and the tub chemicals. Cool winter, warm water, showering after, I see dry skin on the horizon..... :lol: