Jacuzzi J 365 Vs J 280 ?

Vinces00

I am first time spa buyer and am looking at a Jacuzzi the above models. Can anyone give me their opinions of one over the other. Basically the 280 is a little bigger but the sales guy says the 365 is much better and the price is only about 500 more. Thoughts? Is it truely a significantly better tub and if so why?

There are a few more differences than that. I also shopped jacuzzi recently, but ended up with an Artesian. The 365 has a circulation pump and diverters, the 280 does not. The 365 has more filtration.

It has a footwell for foot massage. It also has less jets, but the same motors I believe, so I believe the therapy would be stronger. Have you wet tested both models? If you are set on a jacuzzi, that would be my next step. You might, also, consider if you want a circulation pump and diverters to adjust the flow to different seats.

There are a few more differences than that. I also shopped jacuzzi recently, but ended up with an Artesian. The 365 has a circulation pump and diverters, the 280 does not. The 365 has more filtration.

It has a footwell for foot massage. It also has less jets, but the same motors I believe, so I believe the therapy would be stronger. Have you wet tested both models? If you are set on a jacuzzi, that would be my next step. You might, also, consider if you want a circulation pump and diverters to adjust the flow to different seats.

Thanks for the advice...it sounds like it may be worth the 500 even though I am giving up some space. And I am not set on Jacuzzi. That was a late entry to my list but jumped to the top based on the reputation and price point. I also looked at the grand cayman. Are you happy with your artesian?

I don't know yet. It's supposed to ship from the factory today. We came really, really close to buying a jacuzzi. We got scared off when a friend that is in the pool/spa supply business told us about problems getting parts for jacuzzi. I shopped at a dealer, but was going to buy through them, through my work(they don't sell retail). I was excited about getting the spa at their cost. Then I found out they had quit dealing with them, because of the difficulty with the parts. This was a couple years ago, so things might have improved. My friend sent out emails to a couple friends throughout the country, they sent her emails back showing how their jacuzzi orders had dropped drastically. Something about them switching to parts suppliers in Mexico. I was suprised to find out that Jacuzzi spas is not the same company as Jacuzzi pumps. In fact, jacuzzi spas don't even use jacuzzi brand pumps. I will say this, I haven't seen a bad word about them on this forum. This may have been an isolated incident that has been resolved. I hesitate to say anything negative about a co. on this forum, since there are jacuzzi dealers here. At the same time, I feel obligated to pass along any knowledge I might have. If you do a wet test, all your questions might be answered. For the $500, I would go for the 365. Good Luck.

I don't know yet. It's supposed to ship from the factory today. We came really, really close to buying a jacuzzi. We got scared off when a friend that is in the pool/spa supply business told us about problems getting parts for jacuzzi. I shopped at a dealer, but was going to buy through them, through my work(they don't sell retail). I was excited about getting the spa at their cost. Then I found out they had quit dealing with them, because of the difficulty with the parts. This was a couple years ago, so things might have improved. My friend sent out emails to a couple friends throughout the country, they sent her emails back showing how their jacuzzi orders had dropped drastically. Something about them switching to parts suppliers in Mexico. I was suprised to find out that Jacuzzi spas is not the same company as Jacuzzi pumps. In fact, jacuzzi spas don't even use jacuzzi brand pumps. I will say this, I haven't seen a bad word about them on this forum. This may have been an isolated incident that has been resolved. I hesitate to say anything negative about a co. on this forum, since there are jacuzzi dealers here. At the same time, I feel obligated to pass along any knowledge I might have. If you do a wet test, all your questions might be answered. For the $500, I would go for the 365. Good Luck.

Thanks a bunch. The reservation you have is the same as mine. I do like the dealer though and he has carried them for years and says service calls are neglible so I might take the chance. Just curious, which model of Artesian did you get and how much did you pay for it?

We bought the captiva which is in the island series. It has 32 jets, 2 pumps, circulation pump, stainless steel escutcheons (did I spell that right?), the rainforest waterfall, and the dynapoint lighting system, which includes lights on the outside of the tub. Of course, the usual, cover, coverlifter, steps, chemicals. We paid $6,600 plus tax. I've seen people get them cheaper, but that is the best deal I could work here. I guess it depends what part of the country you are in.

I was really looking at Jacuzzi but neither of my dealers really have it together. Once dealer also sells furniture and doesn't know that much about spas. The "REAL" Jacuzzi dealer in San Diego is sometimes open and other days is closed without even hanging a sign saying if he'll be back later or not. I'm still in the market and looking. It was funny that the other day my Sundance dealer called to see how things were going and I let her know I was wet testing other spas and she immediately lowered her previous "best" price by 800 dollars on the Marin. Classic...... I'll keep searching.

Baja.

I was really looking at Jacuzzi but neither of my dealers really have it together. Once dealer also sells furniture and doesn't know that much about spas. The "REAL" Jacuzzi dealer in San Diego is sometimes open and other days is closed without even hanging a sign saying if he'll be back later or not. I'm still in the market and looking. It was funny that the other day my Sundance dealer called to see how things were going and I let her know I was wet testing other spas and she immediately lowered her previous "best" price by 800 dollars on the Marin. Classic...... I'll keep searching.

Baja.

I have to be honest, shopping for a Hot tub has been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had buying something...much more than buying a used car!

It was funny that the other day my Sundance dealer called to see how things were going and I let her know I was wet testing other spas and she immediately lowered her previous "best" price by 800 dollars on the Marin. Classic...... I'll keep searching.

Baja.

That seems so self defeating for the dealers - the more you hesitate, the more they lower prices. So you hesiate more, hoping they'll lower prices again, which they do, which leads to more hesitation. There's no reason to ever BUY from them, you might as well keep waiting!

Baja.

I have to be honest, shopping for a Hot tub has been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had buying something...much more than buying a used car!

You got that right!!! This is a major pain in the a$$. Everyone seems to think they are the best and that everyone else has MAJOR problems.

If I would find a dealer I liked with a spa that fit my size req. and was under $7k I would pull the trigger. I thought I found one spa but the dealers store was a MESS. Bathroom was trashed, empty boxes lying everywhere, junk floating in the wet tubs. How can one trust a dealer that can't take care of themselves. And the owners ran the store - What's up w/ that??

I'm feeling like bying used for 1/2 the price is the best call. That would leave me +/- $3.2k for service down the line. We'll see. There is a Jacuzzi that just acme up in my area for a good price. Who knows......Ahhhhhhrrrrrrgggggggg!!!!!!

Baja.

btw - time for another cold one!

I too was COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED with hot tub shopping. It became a chore and almost made me decide against buying one. Until, I walked into the store where I purchased. For me, the tub and dealer were a perfect fit. The store ONLY sells spas and has been there over 20 years. No slick salesman, just 2 down to earth men...the owner and service manager. The store hasn't been remodeled since the day they opened, but was clean. I knew I wasn't paying for fancy showrooms. They had some filters and a few chemicals in one corner. Not loads of displays of every possible brand on the market. I asked what chemicals they recommended, they said plain old chlorine. Finally! After the first visit, I had their cellphone numbers. When we called with questions, we got an immediate answer or a call back in minutes. We were leaving their store to look at another dealer and they gave us directions. Now that's confidence. Not the trash talking I had gotten at other stores. The next dealer we went to (the one they gave us the directions to) was unimpressive. It was a D1 dealer. Store was messy, tubs crammed against each other,tubs were dirty, covers half on and half off. The saleman didn't seem at all interested in helping us and just didn't listen. We told him our "must haves" in a tub and he did nothing to show our options in these areas. I had heard alot of great things about D1 on this site, but now they were out because of the dealer. So don't get discouraged. When you find the right mix of brand and dealer, you will know it.