Masterspa Exeter Not Heating

GreggLander

Ok so I'm totally new to this spa thing! We just got a new, Masterspas Down East Exeter model.

It's worked fine for 2 weeks.

Now, suddenly, the temperature started dropping. It flashes the error message "Dry" which means inadequate water, poor flow or air bubbles in the heater.

The water level is fine, though it may have gotten a little low yesterday. I filled it up.

The "Action Required" says to "make sure the pumps have been primed." I have looked everywhere in the manual but can't figure out how to do this.

The heat has gone from 104 to 88 and still dropping. I don't know how to get air bubbles out of the heater (if there are any) or water to the heater (if the overall water level is correct).

Therefore, I could use some advice. Thanks!

If it did get an airlock, you can relieve this by 1) shutting off power to the spa, and then 2) Loosening the pipe unions that connect to the pump. These are the big PVC "screws" right next to the pump. If you loosen these up a little bit, it should let any air out. 3) Then, screw them back on, & turn on power again.

The process may not be covered in the manual, but there's a good photo on p. 10 of the 2006 manual (page 11 of the pdf file here ). In the photo at the bottom of the page you can see a slice valve and then a pump union on the right side of the picture, going into the right side of the pump. You can see another slice valve and pump union towards the upper left part of the page.

Other things to check:

1) The slice valves themselves- make sure they're all the way open

2) Make sure your filter isn't excessively clogged. I don't think it could be after 2 weeks, but you might try taking the filter off and then running the spa just to make sure. Watch to make sure nothing enters the filter inlet if you try this.