New Sundance Spa "pics"

Sdr_27

Well spa was delivered last Friday and what can I say... other than WHOOO HOOO. :D

Sundance Certa w/ stereo, fits the wife and I perfect ... not too big not too small...Just right.

It has lights around the knobs and waterfall, how could you not want lights? Wow you can set any color high-medium-low or off

The low red is my favorite. I also had them include the CD/radio - WOW - Pink Floyd dark side of the moon on a Saturday night, clear sky, lights set on low blue.... oh man this is what I have been missing all these years :huh: . Stereo sounds great lights look great however I don’t really care for the waterfall, but it came standard…

I will try to get a picture at night with the lights. B)

Happy tubing

pad2.jpg

Hottub001thumb.jpg

Hottub002thumb.jpg

Hottub004thumb.jpg

Sdr_27

To do your electric was 100$? WOW, where do you shop? My 60Amp GFIC breaker was 140$$!!!! And you poured a 8 foot by 8 foot by 5 inch pad for 125$$$!! Thats like almost one cubic yard of cement... or 200 galons of cement. Good Job!

This link is kinda cool... saved me from actually having to do some math.

http://www.inlandcanada.com/ConcreteCalcul...Calculator.aspx

The 50-amp GFI breaker at home depot was 60 bucks. Really did not think the 60-amp was necessary, I did check with the dealer and he had said its all he ever installs ...so I called a electrician and he also said 50 would be fine.... He said the price should set them apart, and it did, wow almost 200 bucks for the 60... The 50 heats up this tub in 7 hours, and runs everything top notch.

55 foot of number 8 wire.... now this I also got at home depot ... it was priced at 25 bucks because someone had returned a 55 foot chunk, the flex tubing I picked up from a contractor buddy...it was only 15 foot...Check out location of panel in pics above.

I remember when I poured my garage.... concrete was 75 dollars a yard and that was with Fiber

Now it is 110 a yard with a 3-yard minimum order. A Buddy wanted some sidewalk done, so we shared the cost...I needed a hair over a yard and he took the rest. Worked out great...

Hottub009thumb.jpg

Sdr_27

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SDR_27,

We just bought a new Certa and love it. One of our air knobs seems to do nothing. See the one circled in the pic below. Do You have that problem, or do you know what the knob is for?

2081349241_3f18ff3a12_o_d.jpg

Also, the large jets seem to fall out rather easily. We repeatedly find them floating around the tub just from lightly bumping them. Do you have this trouble?

• 3 weeks later...
SDR_27,

We just bought a new Certa and love it. One of our air knobs seems to do nothing. See the one circled in the pic below. Do You have that problem, or do you know what the knob is for?

2081349241_3f18ff3a12_o_d.jpg

Also, the large jets seem to fall out rather easily. We repeatedly find them floating around the tub just from lightly bumping them. Do you have this trouble?

Yes, we had the same problem with that same air control valve! Our tech from the Sundance dealer could not (or did not want to) find the source of the problem. After several unsuccessful visits, we insisted that the dealer bring in an outside company to resolve the issue. We also had a defective top audio remote control. The Sundance tech replaced the remote but the 2nd one was also defective!

Everything is now finally working 6 months after the purchase!

Here's the deal with that air control valve-it controls the 2 foot jets at the bottom of the spa. They replaced that air contol valve and now it works! It's activated by turning the large massage selector to position "C" ( pointing toward that air valve or see page 24 in the owner's manual) and Jet #1 on high speed. When you turn that air control valve on , there's now a surge of water from the two foot jets.

We also have those foot jets come loose once in a while! See page 33 to reset the jet.

We really love the Certa but it's unfortunate it took so long to get these problems resolved.

If you're having the exact same problem with that air control valve, there's probably other Certas out there with the same defect. I wonder if Sundance is aware of the problem.

Keep pressing your Sundance dealer until you get satisfaction. We paid a lot of money for that spa and everything should work properly!

• 3 weeks later...

ahh yes the knob that is circled..I could not fig. it out right away but my son found that it runs the air to the big jets on the bottom... but turn the big knob to the right (looking at he knob)....I have not had any jets fall out....??

only problem we had was the cd player skipped so the dealer just slipped in a new one and thats it...

tub is great we use it about 5 times per week...suits optional

Sdr_27 :D