Envoy Or Geneva

seamoe

I have the chance to buy either a Geneva floor model for 7300(steps, cover lifter, chems) or an Envoy for 8500(steps and chems). I see no major difference between the two with a few exceptions. My main concern is that the store where I can get the Geneva is going out of the hot tub business and the Hot Spring dealer is local (the Geneva dealer is about an hour away). Does anyone see this as a problem? The Geneva is a 06 model as is the Envoy. I just sold my Gulf Coast (was really good by the way) and don't need the GFCI box, so maybe I can talk either sales man into so other stuff. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the chance to buy either a Geneva floor model for 7300(steps, cover lifter, chems) or an Envoy for 8500(steps and chems). I see no major difference between the two with a few exceptions. My main concern is that the store where I can get the Geneva is going out of the hot tub business and the Hot Spring dealer is local (the Geneva dealer is about an hour away). Does anyone see this as a problem? The Geneva is a 06 model as is the Envoy. I just sold my Gulf Coast (was really good by the way) and don't need the GFCI box, so maybe I can talk either sales man into so other stuff. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Find out who would service the Geneva when they go out of business and if that dealer will be charging you a travel charge for service. As far as comparing the spas I favour the HotSpring, but then I'm a Hs sales guy, so that means nothing. But seeing as I'm not making any commision out of this deal I'll give you my opinion anyway. Watkins makes both spas, they are both premium, but the HS is a class above Caldera. They use the same Caldera shells for the low end Hot Spot HS line. Check out the Hot spot line, you'll see the similarities. So basically a Caldera is a souped up Hot Spot.

It's still a good spa but you won't get Tri-ex filters, a no-bypass filtration system, a titanium heater, a bottom drain, a double moto massage, an everwood cabinet ect ect ect. Wet test both, go with whatever spa you are comfortable with, and yes, haggle for a better deal, pit both dealers against each other, have fun doing it, and get them to throw some freebies in.Good luck and let me know the outcome.

Find out who would service the Geneva when they go out of business and if that dealer will be charging you a travel charge for service. As far as comparing the spas I favour the HotSpring, but then I'm a Hs sales guy, so that means nothing. But seeing as I'm not making any commision out of this deal I'll give you my opinion anyway. Watkins makes both spas, they are both premium, but the HS is a class above Caldera. They use the same Caldera shells for the low end Hot Spot HS line. Check out the Hot spot line, you'll see the similarities. So basically a Caldera is a souped up Hot Spot.

It's still a good spa but you won't get Tri-ex filters, a no-bypass filtration system, a titanium heater, a bottom drain, a double moto massage, an everwood cabinet ect ect ect. Wet test both, go with whatever spa you are comfortable with, and yes, haggle for a better deal, pit both dealers against each other, have fun doing it, and get them to throw some freebies in.Good luck and let me know the outcome.

Guzz- You're the moderator for this site and you are saying that Caldera is a "souped up Hot Spot"

Are you educated about the spas at all? Caldera and Hot Spring are both great lines, with great products. But they are different lines and sizes for different people. Caldera has features that Hot Springs doesn't have and Hot Springs has features that Caldera doesn't have. But in no way shape or form is Caldera inferior to a Hot Springs, and I would encourage any customer to wet test both brands and decide for themselves. The Geneva is the best performing spa on the market in my opinion and I would be willing to wager that if someone tested both a Envoy and a Geneva that the customer would choose a Geneva. If you want to compare the Geneva to a Hot Springs, you would have to compare the Vista.

I just really can't belive a moderator of a board, would make such a ignoranat statement as the one you just made.

Guzz- You're the moderator for this site and you are saying that Caldera is a "souped up Hot Spot"

Are you educated about the spas at all? Caldera and Hot Spring are both great lines, with great products. But they are different lines and sizes for different people. Caldera has features that Hot Springs doesn't have and Hot Springs has features that Caldera doesn't have. But in no way shape or form is Caldera inferior to a Hot Springs, and I would encourage any customer to wet test both brands and decide for themselves. The Geneva is the best performing spa on the market in my opinion and I would be willing to wager that if someone tested both a Envoy and a Geneva that the customer would choose a Geneva. If you want to compare the Geneva to a Hot Springs, you would have to compare the Vista.

I just really can't belive a moderator of a board, would make such a ignoranat statement as the one you just made.

It's only my humble opinion, which means nothing, as I stated. That's what a forum is for, peoples opinions, you have yours, which I respect, and I have mine. I never stated that the Caldera was an inferior spa, any thing made by Watkins is a well built machine. I am educated about the Watkins products, I have personally sold about 800+ units in the last 7 years, and guess what, I have an opinion, and it's humble!

It's only my humble opinion, which means nothing, as I stated. That's what a forum is for, peoples opinions, you have yours, which I respect, and I have mine. I never stated that the Caldera was an inferior spa, any thing made by Watkins is a well built machine. I am educated about the Watkins products, I have personally sold about 800+ units in the last 7 years, and guess what, I have an opinion, and it's humble!

Guzz- That's great that you've sold 800+ units, that really is. What market are you in?

Guzz isn't a really a moderator. For whatever reason, once you make 500 posts here you get the term of "moderator" (as you'll see I have). It's a bit decieving and only means we've shared a few more opinions, stories, etc. than the average person on the site. Once we get to 1000 posts I beleive we are elevated to Grand Poobah status. There is actually a 3rd person with "moderator" status on this site, though he never makes any outlandish statements. :wacko:

So basically a Caldera is a souped up Hot Spot.

That statement is not completely untrue nor is that really a negative statement IMO (though it may not have been meant as flattering). You could also say the Envoy is a souped up Tiger River. Is that a bad thing? In the end both the Geneva and the Envoy are top sellers in the industry and you'd do fine to own either.

Personally I think the Caldera line is a lot sexier than the Hotsprings. The Motomassage I couldn't care less about, and Caldera still has a no maintenance synthetic wood cabinet.

I own a HS now and I think they're a fine product, but I wouldn't dismiss the Caldera spas so readily, they're a very nice spa.

Personally I think the Caldera line is a lot sexier than the Hotsprings. The Motomassage I couldn't care less about, and Caldera still has a no maintenance synthetic wood cabinet.

I own a HS now and I think they're a fine product, but I wouldn't dismiss the Caldera spas so readily, they're a very nice spa.

Could not care less about? Meaning you like it? or "could care less about"?