Hello Folks!

biggz

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that the information I read on this site was extremely helpful in making the decision to purchase a "Keys Valencia Hot Tub" from "Wally world" (Walmart). :D

I did quite a bit of research and decided that this spa's features and price point was hard to pass up. :huh: I went to several spa dealers here in sunny South Central Florida and was about to purchase a Hydro spa "Lexxus". The dealer seemed to be a nice guy (considering that I was looking at $4200 to purchase and an additional fee of $300 - 500 for the electrical installation), but after going on line and reading the problems that some Hydro Spa owners had and remembering what the dealer told me regarding the warranty ( I 'd have to deal directly with Hydro Spa for the first 2 years and then him after) I found this to be strange. :o If I bought the spa from the guy I'd expect him to fix it. :rolleyes:

I looked at many so called "High End Spas" and basically found them no better than the unit that I decided on for the money. In fact there were no spas that would hold 4 -5 adults in that price range (less then $4k). I'd have to send over 6k before I found a spa with 2 pumps, a built in ozonator, a waterfall, a Balboa controller and even steps. :o Now there may be quality issues that a seasoned spa owner would detect justifying the additional $3k, but for someone like me who never owned a spa before it's nice to be able to partake of these pleasures. :P

I just received my order confirmation from "Wally world". The games afoot!!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that the information I read on this site was extremely helpful in making the decision to purchase a "Keys Valencia Hot Tub" from "Wally world" (Walmart). :D

I did quite a bit of research and decided that this spa's features and price point was hard to pass up. :huh: I went to several spa dealers here in sunny South Central Florida and was about to purchase a Hydro spa "Lexxus". The dealer seemed to be a nice guy (considering that I was looking at $4200 to purchase and an additional fee of $300 - 500 for the electrical installation), but after going on line and reading the problems that some Hydro Spa owners had and remembering what the dealer told me regarding the warranty ( I 'd have to deal directly with Hydro Spa for the first 2 years and then him after) I found this to be strange. :o If I bought the spa from the guy I'd expect him to fix it. :rolleyes:

I looked at many so called "High End Spas" and basically found them no better than the unit that I decided on for the money. In fact there were no spas that would hold 4 -5 adults in that price range (less then $4k). I'd have to send over 6k before I found a spa with 2 pumps, a built in ozonator, a waterfall, a Balboa controller and even steps. :o Now there may be quality issues that a seasoned spa owner would detect justifying the additional $3k, but for someone like me who never owned a spa before it's nice to be able to partake of these pleasures. :P

I just received my order confirmation from "Wally world". The games afoot!!

Sounds great. Lets us know how many leaks you have when you fill it :P

Well unhappy, I hope it was the right purchase. The spa has many features that I saw on much more expensive "High End" tubs. The reality for me is I'm not in the position to see how a "Hot Spring" or "Jacuzzi" is built, but if "Keys Backyard" is using some of the same components then I'm willing to take a $3,000 chance on workmanship and customer service. ;) I haven't read this to be a problem either. Keys seems to address issues in a timely manner.

104 degrees, if the tub leaks you can bet that i'll be on here to let this forum know. But again in my research I haven't found this to be an issue. If it leaks I'm very confident the warranty will cover the problem by sending the same local repair man that repairs the big Jacuzzi's. :P So you see I'll be getting the best that this area of Florida has to offer. :D

Now on the other hand if your response is just a razz on my purchase, please do me the honor as a new member to explain your position. :mellow: Your childish responses thus far hasn't brought anything worthwhile to this discussion. :wacko:B)

[

If it leaks I'm very confident the warranty will cover the problem by sending the same local repair man that repairs the big Jacuzzi's. :P So you see I'll be getting the best that this area of Florida has to offer. :D

Ive owned a hot tub for five years and i cannot be this confident about who is coming out.how are you???

How would you I suggest I feel? :huh: I have no choice but to feel confident in whoever shows up to my door. You see in my original post I stated that the dealer who was trying to sell me the HydroSpa said that if something went wrong I'd have to deal directly with Hydro Spa for the first 2 years. If thats the case I feel why buy from the dealer. The warranty is practically the same, and I save $1000. :D On the other hand if I bought from the local Vita dealer (not the greatest store) i'd be paying $3000.00 more for a comparible spa and dealing with the kid in the back. Oh boy!! :o Look at all the years of experience there. I work to hard to just give my money away.

How would you I suggest I feel? :huh: I have no choice but to feel confident in whoever shows up to my door. You see in my original post I stated that the dealer who was trying to sell me the HydroSpa said that if something went wrong I'd have to deal directly with Hydro Spa for the first 2 years. If thats the case I feel why buy from the dealer. The warranty is practically the same, and I save $1000. :D On the other hand if I bought from the local Vita dealer (not the greatest store) i'd be paying $3000.00 more for a comparible spa and dealing with the kid in the back. Oh boy!! :o Look at all the years of experience there. I work to hard to just give my money away.

Tell us what the final cast is when its returned.

( In fact there were no spas that would hold 4 -5 adults in that price range (less then $4k). I'd have to send over 6k before I found a spa with 2 pumps, a built in ozonator, a waterfall, a Balboa controller and even steps)

Which VitaSpa dealer did you see? Vita has spas around the price of 4k that will comfortably fit 4-5 persons. With all the options you asking except the controlls. Vita makes there own controlls.

Not sure about the kid your talking about but you would have over 33 years of tech support with a Vita.

Anyways, enjoy the tub and dont let friends soak alone.....

104 Degrees, There you go again offering nothing but your smug remarks. At least if you can't resist the temptation to continue your childish prattle, use your spell check. I'll take what you say a little more seriously. "Tell us what it cast" :lol:

Powernoodle, The Store was the Vita factory outlet in West Melbourne, FL.. The guys seemed to be as nice as any salesman trying to make a sale, but the facts are when my wife and I walked in we weren't there 30 seconds and we had the salesman all over us. The store wasn't the cleanest spa store. They had cheap tubs in the front with little features and the better more sophisticated tubs further back. He started to show the cheap stuff and made sure to point out it's deficiencies, all to lead us to the good stuff in the back. Being born and raised in NYC, I recognize a bait and switch deal when I see one and felt that this was the situation. Of course the good stuff was what I wanted but the price jump was incredible. They did have 1 spa with a sign stating $3100 for 110v or they would convert it to 220v for $3500. It actually was a pretty nice spa and we had put it on the short list with the Hydro spa "Lexxus" $4250.

It didn't have as many jets as the "Lexxus" only 27 vs 33 and didn't come with the ozonator attached. That was a separate purchase. It had 1 pump and basic lights. It also was a very unappealing color. We would've had to buy steps as well. As far as the service tech goes 33 years is hard to argue with and I can only hope that if I have a problem the tech sent will at least have the expertise to get it up and running.

I have no grip with the spa dealers. I think there nice businesses to be in, but don't hate the guy that buys from the big box stores. We'd probably buy from you if you'd offered nice tubs with real features for a good price. But most don't and the reality is dealers should be happy with all these "so called" cheap tubs. If there as inferior as you claim, your repair business should be brisk. But I'd bet that the repair business may only spike marginally since there are not that many problems.

vbfdsooty, If I'm wrong please show me where. I can still cancel my order. ;):D:rolleyes:

104 Degrees, There you go again offering nothing but your smug remarks. At least if you can't resist the temptation to continue your childish prattle, use your spell check. I'll take what you say a little more seriously. "Tell us what it cast" :lol:

;):D:rolleyes:

I just said------ let us know your cost when you have returned it--------- No big deal. :lol::lol::lol:

PowerNoodle, I didn't want my post to sound like a bash on the Vita dealer. They have to work with what they have. In fact I'm not hear to bash any dealer or business person on this site. We all have to eat and as I said, If there was a larger selection of tubs in my price range, I would probably by from the dealer. It makes good sense, but unfortunately I didn't see many tubs at the dealers that I could afford unless I was buying a tub for 2 or 3 people. :huh:

I remember when the big box stores didn't exist. People bought from their local neighborhood vendors. I also remember being ripped off by some stores who tried to balance their books on every customer that walked through the door. :o Those days are over. Big box means competition for all vendors who's product the big box sells. I think there's probably truth to some of the quality concerns presented here, but for some posters to bash a guy who's only trying to get the best deal for his or her family is self serving. I see many post from people who bought the "High End" tubs with problems. What happened there? :o They have the same issues that the Big Box buyers have but paid substantially more for their tubs. How do we know if this is an anomaly. I'd be embarrassed to pay over 7K and have a leak issue or a malfunctioning pump or controller. If my analysis is wrong please show me where. Don't be like some posters (104 Degrees) :rolleyes: who brings nothing positive to a serious discussion.

Hi biggz,

I am not a spa dealer, just a consumer like you. I just finished months and months of spa shopping. I also looked at a keys backyard spa, the price was tempting. I didn't purchase after looking into their record with the better business burea. You can go to the bbb's website and look up the record for keys backyard. They have alot of unresolved complaints. If you are happy with your purchase, then enjoy your tub. I am not offering this information to bash any company. I just want you to have all the information there is out there. Good luck and enjoy whatever tub you buy!

Hi biggz,

I am not a spa dealer, just a consumer like you. I just finished months and months of spa shopping. I also looked at a keys backyard spa, the price was tempting. I didn't purchase after looking into their record with the better business burea. You can go to the bbb's website and look up the record for keys backyard. They have alot of unresolved complaints. If you are happy with your purchase, then enjoy your tub. I am not offering this information to bash any company. I just want you to have all the information there is out there. Good luck and enjoy whatever tub you buy!

TinyBubbles, I also went to the BBB website before purchasing the Tub. I didn't see a lot of unresolved complaints. :huh: I saw 3 and to me that's not a lot when you take into consideration that Keys probably sells 100 time more Tubs then many dealers combined, through their affiliation with the big box stores. The funny thing is that I didn't see many complaints for Hydro Spa, but taking into account the several fights posted on this site, who's lying and who's telling the truth.

I still felt good with the purchase of the Keys Valencia spa. The features, size and add ons (ozonator spa steps, and 2 pumps) as well as the price $3448 and the unquestionable return policy of Wally World was enough for me to buy with confidence as a first time spa buyer despite those 3 lonely complaints. If I saw 100 unresolved complaints that would've been a different story. Oh by the way I also saw complaints for a couple of the "High End" builders, but when you figure that they probably don't sell as many spas as a big box store then they shouldn't have as many complaints. :rolleyes:

I'm sure my wife and I will enjoy the tub and we'll be $2500 -$3000 richer. :D Tiny, what did you buy?

biggz, I'm sure that you will enjoy your tub. I actually saw 8 unresolved complaints with the bbb and I assume that only a portion of unhappy customers go all the way to the bbb. As long as you looked at the report and you are comfortable, that is all that matters. I also looked up hydro spas record and was suprised after reading this site. Like you, I'm unsure who to believe on that issue. I also considered how many tubs the big box stores sell, but the "brand name" companies have dealers all over the US, so I'm not sure how the numbers work out on that. I kinda felt like buying a tub was a big crap shoot. I just tried to weigh all my options and consider all the facts. I ended up buying an Artesian. There were lots of tubs I liked and many I'm sure I could have been happy with. The dealer ended up being a big deciding factor for me. 27 years in business, good reputation, etc. My husband is very handy, so I wasn't too concerned about buying from the box store. I probably would have, if I could have wet tested. I hope my original post didn't offend you. I just wanted to make sure you had the info. It sounds like you already did your homework. I certainly can understand your delight over extra money in your wallet. Price was a big issue for us as well. When you get your tub, post pictures.