Why Is Temp Display Always 1 Degree Below Setpoint?

Voodoo

Newbie here, thanks to this forum for the pre-purchase education.

We've had our Caldera Tahitian for almost a month and notice that the displayed temp is almost always 1 degree below our setpoint. We've been checking the temp maybe three times a day, yet it hardly ever displays the 102 (or whatever temp) we've set it at.. instead it shows 101 degrees 99% of the time.

Here in Mass. the ambient temp has been in the 70s. The tub has a good cover and is used once per day or less. This week we didn't use it for three days, but monitored the temp and saw the same -1 reading. Have yet to see our first electrical bill.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any comments!

Newbie here, thanks to this forum for the pre-purchase education.

We've had our Caldera Tahitian for almost a month and notice that the displayed temp is almost always 1 degree below our setpoint. We've been checking the temp maybe three times a day, yet it hardly ever displays the 102 (or whatever temp) we've set it at.. instead it shows 101 degrees 99% of the time.

Here in Mass. the ambient temp has been in the 70s. The tub has a good cover and is used once per day or less. This week we didn't use it for three days, but monitored the temp and saw the same -1 reading. Have yet to see our first electrical bill.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any comments!

I'm not sure about your model specifically, but most spas heat to the set point, and then the heater shuts off. The spa slowly starts cooling until it reaches a specific point below that (like 2 degrees below). So, if you set your spa at 102, it will heat the water to 102, and then let it cool until it gets down to 100, then heat back up again. You may also have it set in "economy" mode, where it only heats during set filter cycles, instead of heating continuously.

Thanks D.P.

A few more bits;

I'd have thought a mass of 330 gallons would hang around 102 for a while, at least long enough to spot that temp on the display more often. And when it reads 101 and we get in the tub (pumps still off) we can always feel the heat coming from the circulator. (24-hour circulator with ozone).

In our case we only had 40 amps available, so the control box is jumpered to use the heater or the pumps alternately, never both simultaneously. But this shouldn't really matter since it sits unused for most of the day.

I'll check the manual again to see if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks D.P.

A few more bits;

I'd have thought a mass of 330 gallons would hang around 102 for a while, at least long enough to spot that temp on the display more often. And when it reads 101 and we get in the tub (pumps still off) we can always feel the heat coming from the circulator. (24-hour circulator with ozone).

In our case we only had 40 amps available, so the control box is jumpered to use the heater or the pumps alternately, never both simultaneously. But this shouldn't really matter since it sits unused for most of the day.

I'll check the manual again to see if there's something I'm missing.