My Sundance Marin Spa 1994 Model

slidemaster

I can' change the mode [its stuck on economy mode] and i can't turn on the jets either low speed or high speed .The light and air buttons still work. Also the tub is going through its timer cycle correctly, the low speed pump comes on and circulates properly and heats to the set temperature. I bought this tub used but with a new circuit board. Worked great for two months. The question is how do you know if its the topside control panel or circuit board without buying them because they are yours after you purchace them. Also is there anyway to jumper the high speed side of the pump so it will come on and wire in a toggle switch to turn it off and on when you want without damamging the circuit board or logic. If possible I think this could work since its cycling and heating fine. Thanks for any help or advice.

I can' change the mode [its stuck on economy mode] and i can't turn on the jets either low speed or high speed .The light and air buttons still work. Also the tub is going through its timer cycle correctly, the low speed pump comes on and circulates properly and heats to the set temperature. I bought this tub used but with a new circuit board. Worked great for two months. The question is how do you know if its the topside control panel or circuit board without buying them because they are yours after you purchace them. Also is there anyway to jumper the high speed side of the pump so it will come on and wire in a toggle switch to turn it off and on when you want without damamging the circuit board or logic. If possible I think this could work since its cycling and heating fine. Thanks for any help or advice.

It sounds to me like you have a bad control panel. Because the tub is still heating and circulating properly, it sounds like the new circuit board is still working properly. I would go with a new control panel.

I can't recommend adding any type of jumper or toggle switch to the tub, as it will most definitely alter the tub's ability to filter and function properly. If it was an older spa that used air switches and relays, yes, but then you wouldn't be having the issues you are right now if it were.

Calling a tech to look at your tub may be worth while, if you haven't already. You may be able to find one that, if they are an authorized repair centre for Sundance, has an older topside, or at least one that will work in your tub for testing purposes, to see if that is in fact the issue.