Blue Water Spas

tahoejimw

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am afraid they are the same cookie cutter, generic, uninsulated, throwaway spas that are sold under a hundred different names: Sundaze, Sunbelt, Sunco, Blue Ridge, Superior, Sunseeker, Hydrospa, Leisure Bay, Warm Spring, White Spring, Life Spring, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

It has a suggested MSRP of $17,4999....but it can be bought sight unseen for $5500. :rolleyes:

The warranty is not posted, but the tidbits shown are very weak (2 years parts and plumbing).

Personally, I would not take one if it were given to me free. I have seen too many identical spas hauled to the dump at the 5 or 6 year mark after the customer got tired of looking at the broken down mosquito hatchery in their backyard for 3 years.

You would be better off buying a spa from a reputable dealer or even ordering one from Costco, in my opinion. At least then you can recoup some of your money when it fails to live up to your expectations.

There are a lot better choices out there and they are not hard to find. :)

Good luck in your search, but caveat emptor.

Addendum: I went back and watched the video. It had a really good looking woman in a pink bikini in the video, but the goat-smellin' water was so foamy as to be a severe detriment to the enjoyment. If a company is going to go through the trouble of creating a spa video, at least have clear water in the spa. Geez.

Terminator

How can you possibly glean all this from a website? There are no pictures of the spa's innards . . .

Can anyone offer an INFORMED opinion? Thanks.

Now that I have had time to sleep on it, it truly appears to be one of the greatest deals I've ever seen. I was blown away by their honesty, for example:

"Some Spa manufactures attempt to equate price with quality. At Blue Water Spas we work hard to provide you the highest quality spa at the best possible price."

Followed by:

"MSRP: $17,499.00"

"BUY NOW! $5,599.00 Internet Special!"

A thinking person might say to themselves "Hmmmm...they say other companies attempt to place value on their product with high prices, yet, Blue Water Spas believes their spas should sell for $17,499. This just doesn't add up. In what other areas are they prone to exagerration?"

It makes no difference to me....buy it if you want to. I was simply making an attempt to help.

Good luck!

Terminator

Can anyone offer opinions on Blue Water Spas? I'm looking at the Oceanside model from the Costal Spa line. See:

http://www.bluewaterspas.com/spas/spas.htm

Any informed thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.

This is a price point spa; nothing wrong with that but I noticed a couple things indicating how they keep price down.

The warranty is only 2 yrs on parts for pumps, plumbing, electronics, etc with nothing on labor (shell warranty is longer but they do that knowing that's not where issues arise). Actually I give them a little credit on this because most of the internet spa sellers give an empty promise of labor coverage but you end up being the service tech when they don't follow through so with these guys at least they're up front about not covering labor.

Like all internet spas they save by limiting insulation by going the thermopane route. Done properly thermopane can work but I doubt it'll be a well insulated thermopane.

Shipping is an extra $575 and is just curbside delivery but that is clearly spelled out.

I honestly don’t think it looks horrible, however there are some things that I noticed.

(1) They count master-blaster jets (jets with multiple nozzles) as more then one jet. They imply that the spa has 134 jets, when in reality it only has 76. This reeks of dishonest sales techniques. :ph34r:

(2) The warranty is only 2 years on parts and does not cover labor at all. :(

(3) The spa is shown with stainless steel jets, however this is listed as a $169 upgrade.

(4) I thought Gulf Coast was bad for implying an over inflated MSRP, these guys take it to a whole new level. An MSRP $17,499 :wacko: shows that this company will make up anything to market their spas.

(5) Shipping is an additional $575, and back yard delivery is another $220 on top of that. :o

For the same total price ($6,394) you should be able to get something with the same or better specs from a dealer, or at least a box store. You will certainly get a better warranty and have dealer support. I would def recommend looking into other options.

This kinda reminds me of Guf Coast spas. The super high msrp but because of some "special" you will get it at an amazing price. I don't have any personal expreience with these tubs but I can promise you they aren't worth $17,500, in reality they are 5 K spas just like they are selling it for, nothing more, nothing less. I think thats ok as long as you don't buy into the fact that you are getting a 17k tub for 5k just because they are having an "internet special". You get what you pay for. Good Luck with your search.