Caldera Jet Problems

colerinski

I have a Caldera Geneva. Super spa, but I've had the adjustable VSR jets in two different locations pop fail and require replacement 4 times now. I think the force of the jets over a period of weeks/months causes two little plastic tabs that retain the jet in the socket to fail, and then I find the jet assembly laying in the bottom of my spa. The dealer keeps replacing them for free, but says no one else seems to be having this problem. Has anyone had any similar problems?? I stay on top of the chemicals, so I don't think we've got a deterioration issue. The tabs are very thin, and simply crack and bend back, allowing the jet assembly to fall out. Thanks!

I have a Caldera Geneva. Super spa, but I've had the adjustable VSR jets in two different locations pop fail and require replacement 4 times now. I think the force of the jets over a period of weeks/months causes two little plastic tabs that retain the jet in the socket to fail, and then I find the jet assembly laying in the bottom of my spa. The dealer keeps replacing them for free, but says no one else seems to be having this problem. Has anyone had any similar problems?? I stay on top of the chemicals, so I don't think we've got a deterioration issue. The tabs are very thin, and simply crack and bend back, allowing the jet assembly to fall out. Thanks!

That is an item that never really has to come off once its on. At some point your dealer may suggest that when you next drain teh spa that he puts a small amount of silicon on it when he installs it. You'd still be able to remove it in the future if you ever wanted to (not that you really would) and it would probably solve the issue.

That is an item that never really has to come off once its on. At some point your dealer may suggest that when you next drain teh spa that he puts a small amount of silicon on it when he installs it. You'd still be able to remove it in the future if you ever wanted to (not that you really would) and it would probably solve the issue.

This is a common problem with both pentair and waterway jets in I would say 90 perent of hot tub manufacturers. For instance this is a major problem with Artic spas and I have heard more than several reviews from customers who own them. I even stopped into my local Artic Dealer and as he was displaying the tub brand new 15 of the 40 jets popped out. Some other manufacturers don't have this problem as bad. The design of the jet body itself is important as well as those little tabs on the jet itself. I wish you the best

This is a common problem with both pentair and waterway jets in I would say 90 perent of hot tub manufacturers. For instance this is a major problem with Artic spas and I have heard more than several reviews from customers who own them. I even stopped into my local Artic Dealer and as he was displaying the tub brand new 15 of the 40 jets popped out. Some other manufacturers don't have this problem as bad. The design of the jet body itself is important as well as those little tabs on the jet itself. I wish you the best

True, that has been an issue for a few but Caldera doesn't use the Waterway or Pentair jets and the poster said his dealer indicated this is not common and assuming it's not chemical issues (as he thinks it's not) I'm wondering on this one a bit though I think a little silicon will solve it.

• 1 year later...