What's The Best Spa Vac?

I saw a gadget at a dealer that was non-electric and simply a handpump type thing made out of PVC that, with a pull on the pump, supposedly "sucks" the dirt out of the spa and up into an on-board chamber. IMO, it didn't look to be worth the $99.99 price tag!

Hello!

I recently (2 days ago) purchased the Spa Vac by ?Paradise?, and it's doing the job quite well. My only need for the vacuum is to pick up debris (small pebbles, etc.) from the bottom of the spa, and it works like a charm. The device is very simple: a small plastic cannister is connected to a pole with a hole on one end, and to a vacuum nozzle on the other. You place your thumb over the hole on the end of the pole, insert the vacuum end into the water and over the debris. Release your thumb, and the vacuum created by the air leaving the cannister sucks the debris in. Lift the cannister out, and the debris is trapped inside the cannister while the water filters back out through filtered outlets around the vacuum nozzle.

It does the job quickly, efficiently and with very few moving parts. My only issues with the item are:

1) size. It's designed to handle spas and pools, so it's a little big for my liking. I'd prefer it to be about 12" shorter.

2) price. For such a simple device, it seems to be a bit pricey. I paid $32 at a local pool and spa shop. I'd prefer it be around the $20-$25 range.

Overall, I'd give it a "B-".

Hello!

I recently (2 days ago) purchased the Spa Vac by ?Paradise?, and it's doing the job quite well. My only need for the vacuum is to pick up debris (small pebbles, etc.) from the bottom of the spa, and it works like a charm. The device is very simple: a small plastic cannister is connected to a pole with a hole on one end, and to a vacuum nozzle on the other. You place your thumb over the hole on the end of the pole, insert the vacuum end into the water and over the debris. Release your thumb, and the vacuum created by the air leaving the cannister sucks the debris in. Lift the cannister out, and the debris is trapped inside the cannister while the water filters back out through filtered outlets around the vacuum nozzle.

It does the job quickly, efficiently and with very few moving parts. My only issues with the item are:

1) size. It's designed to handle spas and pools, so it's a little big for my liking. I'd prefer it to be about 12" shorter.

2) price. For such a simple device, it seems to be a bit pricey. I paid $32 at a local pool and spa shop. I'd prefer it be around the $20-$25 range.

Thats actually a pretty good price.

Hello!

Wow, that is a cheap price. Is the Paradise Spa Vac the same as the Hostspring Vac? I'm assuming Paradise makes it for Hotspring?

$69??? Holy!!

I would *never* pay that much money for this item. It's simply way too much. I would not recommend buying the spa vac if the price is around $50+.

Check out ebay for prices. Many of them seem to be going for around $30+ shipping.

I haven't heard many successful online purchases of spa vacs.

Maybe due to them not bothering to spend the time and energy coming to see you? ........ Since they're possibly buying all their stuff online rather than form you.

No support after the sale.

1. Just what "support" might be required for a spa vac?

2. Does this mean that the FOUR people I have that spend their ENTIRE day on the phone with customers are a figment of my imagination?. I knew the payroll company was ripping me off, I just knew it!

I'm still trying to figure out this support after the sale thing....... Broken part? Got tons instock and just send out what they need. If it's under warranty, my supplier replaces the part. Damaged in shipping? Happens very occasionally. We send out a new vac and file a claim with UPS. I don't believe anyone's ever called asking how it works. They seem to be pretty self explanitory.... and come with pretty good directions.

1. Just what "support" might be required for a spa vac?

2. Does this mean that the FOUR people I have that spend their ENTIRE day on the phone with customers are a figment of my imagination?. I knew the payroll company was ripping me off, I just knew it!

I'm still trying to figure out this support after the sale thing....... Broken part? Got tons instock and just send out what they need. If it's under warranty, my supplier replaces the part. Damaged in shipping? Happens very occasionally. We send out a new vac and file a claim with UPS. I don't believe anyone's ever called asking how it works. They seem to be pretty self explanitory.... and come with pretty good directions.

You mean you don't go out to the customers house and do an orientation. :D

If you find the right spa vac for you and your family and it lasts for years. How can you put a price tag on happieness. Whats 25,50,75,100 bucks if it will provide you with good memories for years to come.

Sounds like this relationship with your Spa Vac has become way too personal, lol.

I offer a instore orientation with every spa vac purchase. I find it gives consumers peace of mind and makes their life easier. Every customer is different. The spa vacs that my store offers are not for everyone. There is no perfect spa vac. There is only a perfect spa vac out there that is perfect for each individual.

I offer a instore orientation with every spa vac purchase. I find it gives consumers peace of mind and makes their life easier. Every customer is different. The spa vacs that my store offers are not for everyone. There is no perfect spa vac. There is only a perfect spa vac out there that is perfect for each individual.

Ahhh..Customized spa vacs....now that's upselling. :D