Buying Used Hot Spring Envoy Help!

kellymc62

My husband and I found a used 2007 HotSpring Envoy that we are interested in buying. We live it Southern California. The seller is asking $7500 for an 8 month old spa which includes the locking insulated cover with a spring lift and the steps. The seller said that they paid $9500 plus $1300 installation. I called my local store and the sales person said it goes for $8500 but I'm sure that price is for just the hot tub (no cover, lift, or steps).

I have two questions. First how should we check it out? The seller said it has been drained but she will fill it up tomorrow morning before we come to look at it if we want. I think we should definitely get in and try it out. What should we look for since we know nothing about checking a used hot tub?

Second question is how much should we pay for it? I would think that just tax, a cover, lift, and steps would make it close to the $9500 she paid. But she got a warranty and we won't get one if we buy used.

Thanks, Kelly

What part of SoCal?

We sell them at about the same price you found at your local dealer - with cover, lift, steps and eve delivery included.

I'm not sure why the big price for delivery- was there a crane involved? If so, how will you get it out of the yard?

I would wet test it if they are willing to fill it and heat it.

Why are they selling?

B)

What part of SoCal?

We sell them at about the same price you found at your local dealer - with cover, lift, steps and eve delivery included.

I'm not sure why the big price for delivery- was there a crane involved? If so, how will you get it out of the yard?

I would wet test it if they are willing to fill it and heat it.

Why are they selling?

B)

The $1300 installation may have been what they paid for electric, etc. Just a thought.

By my way of thinking, the warranty is a big chunk of what you are paying for so to only discount it $2k I think is not that great. It's unfortunate that they have to dump it so soon but those things depreciate probably that much the minute you take them home. Plus, a good chunk of change went towards tax alone.

By my way of thinking, the warranty is a big chunk of what you are paying for so to only discount it $2k I think is not that great. It's unfortunate that they have to dump it so soon but those things depreciate probably that much the minute you take them home. Plus, a good chunk of change went towards tax alone.

Well, they would only go down to $7000 so we have no deal. We were hoping that since they have to move on Friday we could get a better deal. We only offered $4000 which is about 1/2 of what we could get it new. We thought they might be selling it back to the dealer for about that much. But turns out they are going to give it to one of their kids. Oh well... thanks for the input.

So, come on in. I'm in Ventura.

I have an Envoy floor model available.

B)