Storm Damage

Rono

Hi we just had a very bad storm in our city,wind,hale/rain and alot of green leaves ended up in our pool. I cleaned them out of the water 10 houes later,poolwater was cloudy but clean. I have ran the filter non stop ,except to clean for 6 days . the water turned grass green 1 hour after i cleaned up leaves. have shocked heavely, and ph isgood. I have a 21 round with a 100 sq. foot cartrage filter. I have been cleaning filter 2 or 3 times a day ,it never appears to be dirty. waters still bright green. Can any one help us? thanks so very much Rono

Hi we just had a very bad storm in our city,wind,hale/rain and alot of green leaves ended up in our pool. I cleaned them out of the water 10 houes later,poolwater was cloudy but clean. I have ran the filter non stop ,except to clean for 6 days . the water turned grass green 1 hour after i cleaned up leaves. have shocked heavely, and ph isgood. I have a 21 round with a 100 sq. foot cartrage filter. I have been cleaning filter 2 or 3 times a day ,it never appears to be dirty. waters still bright green. Can any one help us? thanks so very much Rono

You need to use algaecide as well as shocking. The leaves that blew into your pool brought algae with them. And stop cleaning your filter so often! You actually need some dirt in the filter to help filter. Wait until the pressure goes up to clean it again. Also it may help to have a second filter on hand to replace as most cartridge filter manufacturers recommend putting the filter in dry.

How does your pool look today?

If you could post your test results it would help us help you diagnose and treat your pool. We'd need FC, CC, pH, TA, CYA numbers. Also whether you use strips or a reagent test kit, and the volume of water in your pool.

What do you currently use to sanitize the water?