Want To Remove Breaker And Eletrical Wiring

BigK75

Hey Guys:

I am moving in a couple of days and want to remove the breaker, wiring and GFCI box. If I flip the main breaker on the electric panel will I be able to removing everything I want safely. What do I use to replace the hole that will be left from removing the breaker? Sorry about all these questions but I don't want to get killed over a breaker and some cabling :)

Thanks,

Claude

If you know your way around inside a panel go for it and buy the blank cover to take its place. BUT like pathfinder says - you wouldn't be here if you didn't need help and an electrical panel is no place for a newbie. If you kill the main breaker you should be fine because the live connections should be in a separate part of the box so you would have to be pretty unlucky to contact something live. If it's a modern panel ie. Siemens or Cutler Hammer, the breakers pop right out.

You might want to get a friend to do it who's more experienced. Doesn't everyone 'know a guy' that could help out? I don't think you really need to go as far as to hire a Sparky to do it - it's easier to pull it apart than put it together - and remember to take a note as to how it was done so you can replicate it for your next tub!