Changing From Bacqua

hecace

Hi, All

I have had mt 350 gal spa for 1.5 years and I have always used Bacqua Apa products and have religiously follwed the regimen to ensure everything works ok. About 3 months ago, I began to notice the musty smell some folks discuss here, along with irritation when air is induced into the water. So, not having previous issues with chlorine on a previous spa, I decided to change. I am going with a Nature 2 with the dichlor and chlorine from Leslies.

I began by applying Spa Purge, leaving it overnight then drining the tub. Since then I have drained and refilled the spa three times. I just drained it again, and refilled it, but the water continues to come in clear with a greenish hue. Any ideas. I don;t want to add the new filter until I am sure things are right.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

:wacko:

Hi, All

I have had mt 350 gal spa for 1.5 years and I have always used Bacqua Apa products and have religiously follwed the regimen to ensure everything works ok. About 3 months ago, I began to notice the musty smell some folks discuss here, along with irritation when air is induced into the water. So, not having previous issues with chlorine on a previous spa, I decided to change. I am going with a Nature 2 with the dichlor and chlorine from Leslies.

I began by applying Spa Purge, leaving it overnight then drining the tub. Since then I have drained and refilled the spa three times. I just drained it again, and refilled it, but the water continues to come in clear with a greenish hue. Any ideas. I don;t want to add the new filter until I am sure things are right.

You have to get ALL of the Baqua goo out of the spa and the pipes, the filter, etc. Have you replaced the filter?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, All

You have to get ALL of the Baqua goo out of the spa and the pipes, the filter, etc. Have you replaced the filter?

You can also try shocking the spa with the "spa shock" just make sure its MPS .. orOxysheen, Oxybrite.. one of those types.. this will consume the Baqua faster and make it eaiser to transfer over your spa.