Please Help Asap, New Spa Is Here, Now What?

Well, my new tub showed up today (LA HEET) and my electrician is on his way over to do the final hook up. I got some chemicals to put in but I dont know how much of what and where. I recieved a NATURE 2 stick thingy that goes in the filter. That part I fugured out but where can I put it? MY filters are the bags that you undo a big rubber band and pull out. Its not like a normal pool filter. Also, I recieved some LEISURE TIME RENEW. It says it shock treats without chlorine. There are bunch of small pouches of it (2oz). Do I add one? 2? It is like 400 gallons or so of water in the tub. I also recieved a big tub of LEISURE TIME SPA 56 chlorinating granules (2lbs). Do I add some of that as well? How much? I also recieved a pack of 50 NATURE 2 spa test strips that test MPS,Alkalinity and pH. Any help? I need some ASAP as I plan on using the tub tommorow night (approx 24 hours). I was going to go over and get some help from the salesman last weekend but he was doing a spa show. I never made it over there before to go over all the chemicals. I have just been so excited I havent been thinking about chemicals that much. Between finding an electrician, making time for deliver and the coordination, the chemicals just slipped right past me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my new tub showed up today (LA HEET) and my electrician is on his way over to do the final hook up. I got some chemicals to put in but I dont know how much of what and where. I recieved a NATURE 2 stick thingy that goes in the filter. That part I fugured out but where can I put it? MY filters are the bags that you undo a big rubber band and pull out. Its not like a normal pool filter. Also, I recieved some LEISURE TIME RENEW. It says it shock treats without chlorine. There are bunch of small pouches of it (2oz). Do I add one? 2? It is like 400 gallons or so of water in the tub. I also recieved a big tub of LEISURE TIME SPA 56 chlorinating granules (2lbs). Do I add some of that as well? How much? I also recieved a pack of 50 NATURE 2 spa test strips that test MPS,Alkalinity and pH. Any help? I need some ASAP as I plan on using the tub tommorow night (approx 24 hours). I was going to go over and get some help from the salesman last weekend but he was doing a spa show. I never made it over there before to go over all the chemicals. I have just been so excited I havent been thinking about chemicals that much. Between finding an electrician, making time for deliver and the coordination, the chemicals just slipped right past me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off dont panic. :D The nature 2 cartridge should go down a standtube that your filter goes around but Im not familiar with the bag your describing.

Dont worry about the shock (renew) for now. First you need to get some chlorine in there so that when the spa heats up its ready for you to use. Iwould add two tablespoons of chlorine and if you cant figure out where the cartridge goes dont worry about adding that right now. You can use the spa without it. It will just help reduce the amount of chlorine you use.

The main thing is you want a good sanitizer base so you can use it when it gets hot. When you use it add a little chlorine for each person that had been in the spa to help maintainn the sanitizer base. Dont worry its a piece of cake. :D

First off dont panic. :D The nature 2 cartridge should go down a standtube that your filter goes around but Im not familiar with the bag your describing.

Dont worry about the shock (renew) for now. First you need to get some chlorine in there so that when the spa heats up its ready for you to use. Iwould add two tablespoons of chlorine and if you cant figure out where the cartridge goes dont worry about adding that right now. You can use the spa without it. It will just help reduce the amount of chlorine you use.

The main thing is you want a good sanitizer base so you can use it when it gets hot. When you use it add a little chlorine for each person that had been in the spa to help maintainn the sanitizer base. Dont worry its a piece of cake. :D

Thank you sharkman, I am breathing slowly now. The tub was just hooked up 10 minutes or so ago. Everything works great and its coming up to temp right now.

Okay, so I will add some of the SPA 56 chlorinating granules. Where does the renew come in for later? It says to add 4 ounces for every 250 gallon of water on initial startup. When I add the chemicals do I just throw them in near a jet while on? in a filter? anywhere I want? I remeber that it was just thrown in my parents old pool.

Who did you buy from? Go to your dealer for support. That is what we are here for. If they cannot support you, shame on them and shame on you from buying from such a business.

The blame is not on the dealer but on myself. I was suppose to go back to the store where the salesman was going to go over it with me. He was going to be at a show the day that I was going to go in. He said that there would still be someone here that would go over it but I didnt want to be helped by someone else and I also didnt feel like driving over there for it since he wasnt going to be there. I was going to go another day but never did. I was going to call but tonight but they were already closed. Not the dealers fault.

When the HS dealer had my tub delivered they waited until the water was filled and power completed then we started up the tub and he added all the first time chemicals. He then went over all the different procedures I am suppose to do (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) explaining and jotting down notes in the manual. All this was done at my home, not at the dealers location.

IPB Image

What have others experienced from their dealer when their tub was installed?

When the HS dealer had my tub delivered they waited until the water was filled and power completed then we started up the tub and he added all the first time chemicals. He then went over all the different procedures I am suppose to do (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) explaining and jotting down notes in the manual. All this was done at my home, not at the dealers location.

IPB Image

What have others experienced from their dealer when their tub was installed?

That is standard practice for our deliveries. We always fill the spa and do a complete startup with our customers.

I think that makes a huge difference when it comes to a customers buying experience and it makes becoming a new spa owner much easier.

Could we get some feedback from some of the spa customers on this topic.

I've really never asked how important that was it has just always been our standard practice and we usually spend at least 2 hours with them at startup.

That is standard practice for our deliveries. We always fill the spa and do a complete startup with our customers.

I think that makes a huge difference when it comes to a customers buying experience and it makes becoming a new spa owner much easier.

Could we get some feedback from some of the spa customers on this topic.

I've really never asked how important that was it has just always been our standard practice and we usually spend at least 2 hours with them at startup.

I wasnt home when they set the tub up. My wife was home but I dont think was really into asking any questions. How can you do start up run upon delivery and add chemicals when the hook up is suppose to be done by a proffesional electrician? The chemicals are only suppose to be added with the jets turned on. NO electricity means no jets, not jets means no chemicals. I know that hot springs comes with the gfci box but how can dealers do the chemicals and initial start up without it hooked up? Even my hot springs dealer requires a seperate electrician to do the hook up. In fact all of the dealers (15+) wont touch the electrical.

I wasnt home when they set the tub up. My wife was home but I dont think was really into asking any questions. How can you do start up run upon delivery and add chemicals when the hook up is suppose to be done by a proffesional electrician? The chemicals are only suppose to be added with the jets turned on. NO electricity means no jets, not jets means no chemicals. I know that hot springs comes with the gfci box but how can dealers do the chemicals and initial start up without it hooked up? Even my hot springs dealer requires a seperate electrician to do the hook up. In fact all of the dealers (15+) wont touch the electrical.

We dont do electrical either. We give the customer all of the electrical info and the breaker box and instruct them that if the wiring is there at the time of delivery we can connect the wiring to the spa. We just cant pull any wire.

If the customer doesnt have the wiring done at the time of delivery we have them call us when the wiring is done and we go back and do a complete startup.

You can add chemicals to the spa without the spa circulating if you have to. Its just a better idea to stir the water up good to distribute the chemicals better.

That is why you coordinate the job. Our electrician had installed the box a couple days in advance and knew when the tub was going to arrive. He showed up about 15min after the tub arrived and everyone did their work at the same time and everything was tested with everyone there. I stayed home from work to make sure all was done as planned (wanted no suprises). It took total maybe 2hrs for everything from start to finish.

The photo shows one of the HS workers installing the cover bracket while the other was going over paperwork. The electrician was doing the wiring with his assistant and the tub was filling all at the same time. When the wiring was completed he hit the jets to test.....then we did the chemicals and all was ready (except for waiting for the water to heat up).

That is why you coordinate the job. Our electrician had installed the box a couple days in advance and knew when the tub was going to arrive. He showed up about 15min after the tub arrived and everyone did their work at the same time and everything was tested with everyone there. I stayed home from work to make sure all was done as planned (wanted no suprises). It took total maybe 2hrs for everything from start to finish.

The photo shows one of the HS workers installing the cover bracket while the other was going over paperwork. The electrician was doing the wiring with his assistant and the tub was filling all at the same time. When the wiring was completed he hit the jets to test.....then we did the chemicals and all was ready (except for waiting for the water to heat up).

Cool, but my electrician couldnt show up until later that night.