Listening To Ipod In Hot Tub?

hoopy

Anyone listen to their Ipod when in the hot tub? Any risk of damaging the Ipod by listening to it while in the hot tub (other than the obvious of it falling into the water)? I wrap mine in a towel and keep the earbud cord out of the water.

I listen to my MP3 player in my spa all the time. I use a zip lock bag to keep it dry as my cell phone wasn't as lucky and went for a swim. I have a JBL system on my tub with the pop up speakers but I'm not a big fan of spa stereos, they are ok but I perfer my mp3 player or outdoor speakers that I haved hooked up to my indoor stereo.

Think that by attaching the mp3 player to a baseball cap (ziplock bag is good idea) would work? My wife has the smaller ipod shuffle and it seems it would be pretty easy to stash away, but if it were me I'm sure I'd find a way to submerge it.

What I did is purchase a shower am/fm radio and I just set it on the side of the tub. Its made to be in a shower, so its waterproof and for my needs it works fine. I listen to AM radio usually so sound no need for a booming sound.

• 1 year later...

High humidity is bad for electronics, and especially bad for anything with a hard drive in it. Personally, MP3 players are so cheap now that you can get something that hold a couple of hours of music for a lot less than an iPod. I LOVE my ipod, so I use a cheap player when working in my studio because I don't want to damage it.

I have no problems using my iPod while in the hottub. I have attached a smallshelf with 3M removable tape to the side of my house that holds the iPod up from edge. I make sure my fingers are dried using a small towel before I touch it. I have never had a problem with earphone wire getting wet, because they are plenty sealed anyway. I have also recently got a Bluetooth unit for my iPod, so I can use the Bluetooth receiving headphones that came with that, or my hands free earpiece from my cell phone.

I have also tried an exterior mini speaker that plugs in to an iPod where your earphones go, but then everyone can hear too.

Good Luck! Happy soaking & listening!

I have a Zune (Microsoft's version of an ipod), and when I used it in my tub, I put it in a plastic ziploc bag. That way, I could touch it without getting it wet.

However, now I use some wireless outdoor speakers. I can leave my Zune in the house.

The latest Sharper Image catalog, which I just got in the mail today, has an IPOD system with wireless, weatherproof speakers. Check it out. That way, you can keep the IPOD away from the water.

Sharper Image

Or, they have a whole waterproof speaker system:

Sharper Image

And, as for you, IknewIwasright.....if you're going to bash others for their spelling, go back to the top of the thread and observe how you spelled "apparently".

I have a bluetooth headset and a transmitter that connects to the Ipod. It has a 30 ft. range and I can have some basic Ipod controls (fwd, rew, play, stop) on the headphones. This way I can leave my Ipod at a safe distance from the tub and don't have to worry about any wires. The headset will also pair with Bluetooth enabeled cell phones simultaneously with the Ipod, so receiving cell calls while in the tub could also be an option (I prefer just to relax...). There are various models of headsets and transmitters available, mine happens to be Motorola.