Questions Re: Installing A New Vinyl-lined Pool

jkusmier

After months of research and bids we've settled on a vinyl-lined pool. Location in Saint Louis area. Builder is local, does both pools and custom homes, has been in both businesses for some 20 years, and has a very good reputation. Questions as follows:

1) Builder installs PermaLife pools (w/ polymer walls). Anyone have any experience? (Yes, builder installs sona tubes in bond beam for deck support).

2) We want to install TruTile. Evidently it's fairly new, as I've been unable to locate any feedback on TruTile. Any experience/opinions out there?

3) We're installing a fiber optic system: Pentair SAm, laminar jets, and perimeter lighting. Liner selection with TruTile is fairly limited, and we wanted a blue pool to contrast with the earth tones that predominate in the surrounding retaining walls, so we're going with Prism, a fairly dark blue liner with white pattern which mimics the effect waves/ripples/disturbances on surface have on the bottom. You can view this liner selection here. Is this liner so dark as to greatly reduce color effect of the SAm light? By effect, I don't meant the ability to see a submerged child (pool will be securely fenced and lone entrance from house will have a deadbolt) but the color effect itself. Related questions: what's the life expectancy of perimeter lighting, and how difficult & expensive is it to replace?

I've been consulting this forum for many weeks now, and am very impressed by the level of knowledge, so I'd truly appreciate any advice. Thanks!