Caldera Elation At Awesome Price!

I'm totally new to the spa world and have been researching/shopping/debating for sometime now. After looking at several different manufacturers/models, I had narrowed it down between the Hotspring Vista w/sound system and the Caldera Elation w/sound system. I had gotten a lowest quote of 11, 500.00 for the Vista including aftermarket installed sound system (Spaudio) which seemed a little high to me. I stumbled across a Caldera dealer just across the street from my office, they are mainly a pool dealer. I just went over one day and noticed they had spas. After a lot of investigation, I found the Caldera Elation was very close to the Vista, minus 4 jets, Tri-x filters.........same size as far as height/gallons of 500gals. After talking to the saleman (who happened to be the owner) telling him I was shopping around and that I was talking with the other dealer (apparently fierce competetors), I was quoted a list of 9325.00 for the Elation, but he would let me have it for 8300.00. I liked that price better, after a few days he called me and we talked a bit, I acted disinterested and he quoted 7500.00.........much better. Waited a few more days, he called back this morning with 7062.00 + tax and free delivery! (this includes the chem kit, subpanel, cover, installation). I just signed the paperwork, gave him a check and am the proud owner of a 2007 Caldera Elation white pearl/coastal grey........very excited to have it delivered and start enjoying it. Does anyone else own an Elation? Would love to hear anyones experiences with that model.

Matt

I'm totally new to the spa world and have been researching/shopping/debating for sometime now. After looking at several different manufacturers/models, I had narrowed it down between the Hotspring Vista w/sound system and the Caldera Elation w/sound system. I had gotten a lowest quote of 11, 500.00 for the Vista including aftermarket installed sound system (Spaudio) which seemed a little high to me. I stumbled across a Caldera dealer just across the street from my office, they are mainly a pool dealer. I just went over one day and noticed they had spas. After a lot of investigation, I found the Caldera Elation was very close to the Vista, minus 4 jets, Tri-x filters.........same size as far as height/gallons of 500gals. After talking to the saleman (who happened to be the owner) telling him I was shopping around and that I was talking with the other dealer (apparently fierce competetors), I was quoted a list of 9325.00 for the Elation, but he would let me have it for 8300.00. I liked that price better, after a few days he called me and we talked a bit, I acted disinterested and he quoted 7500.00.........much better. Waited a few more days, he called back this morning with 7062.00 + tax and free delivery! (this includes the chem kit, subpanel, cover, installation). I just signed the paperwork, gave him a check and am the proud owner of a 2007 Caldera Elation white pearl/coastal grey........very excited to have it delivered and start enjoying it. Does anyone else own an Elation? Would love to hear anyones experiences with that model.

Matt

Thats sounds like a jaw dropping price. I have the geneva and love it. I was going to tell you to wet test and bring your check book, but you already purchased it....Caldera is a good company. You'll be happy. B)

Matt,

I've just started the shopping process, but from what I've learned so far, it seems like you negotiated a fantastic deal...it just goes to show how much mark-up there really is on these tubs! I've been talking to a Caldera dealer in the DC metro area, and he wouldn't budge off the retail price of a Niagara, but I've since located a dealer in Richmond who quoted me over the phone, a price that is $800 less for the exact same package (e.g., delivery, cover, lifter, gfci panel, etc.). From what I understand Caldera (and probably most other mfgs are very territorial, and frown upon dealers crossing territories, but I say let there be competition (can only help the consumer, right?)!

Anyway, congrats and good luck with your purchase!

Matt

Thats sounds like a jaw dropping price. I have the geneva and love it. I was going to tell you to wet test and bring your check book, but you already purchased it....Caldera is a good company. You'll be happy. B)

If I hadnt been on the phone, he would have seen my jaw drop open, eyes bug out of my head and me stop breathing.........I feel like I got a great deal. I looked at the geneva as well as the Niagra, I'm a tech freak and love my gadgets and couldnt get past the sound system. I was hoping for a redwood cabinet, had to order and I dont like to wait. I know the Geneva has the air jets plus 4more.........do you know if there is a noticeable difference between one with air and without?

Matt,

I've just started the shopping process, but from what I've learned so far, it seems like you negotiated a fantastic deal...it just goes to show how much mark-up there really is on these tubs! I've been talking to a Caldera dealer in the DC metro area, and he wouldn't budge off the retail price of a Niagara, but I've since located a dealer in Richmond who quoted me over the phone, a price that is $800 less for the exact same package (e.g., delivery, cover, lifter, gfci panel, etc.). From what I understand Caldera (and probably most other mfgs are very territorial, and frown upon dealers crossing territories, but I say let there be competition (can only help the consumer, right?)!

Anyway, congrats and good luck with your purchase!

When I started looking, I was met with a lot of resistance. But I thought of it like a car purchase, this is what I want to spend, take it or leave it........there is another dealer down the road. The hotspring dealer acted like they were the be all end all of spas and that it was a cheap price at 11500.00. That was before I knew they were mfg by the same company. I got what I wanted, way below the price I was willing to pay of 9k.........so I feel good about it. maybe you should check with my dealer, we are in Northwest Arkansas, but at that price shipping would probably get you in cheaper........LOL

. I know the Geneva has the air jets plus 4more.........do you know if there is a noticeable difference between one with air and without?

Yes. The air jets are significanlty different and create a noticeable difference. Air is injected via thier own nozzles directly into the water. (As opposed to mixers that mix air with the water which creates a stronger jet of water against the body.)

However, different isn't necessarly "better". I don't think Air is a "must have" option - it is kind of neat. I don't think it adds anything to the therapy, other than a neat cooling sensation, and by adding air to the water, you can cool the tub down a bit in hot weather.

. I know the Geneva has the air jets plus 4more.........do you know if there is a noticeable difference between one with air and without?

Yes. The air jets are significanlty different and create a noticeable difference. Air is injected via thier own nozzles directly into the water. (As opposed to mixers that mix air with the water which creates a stronger jet of water against the body.)

However, different isn't necessarly "better". I don't think Air is a "must have" option - it is kind of neat. I don't think it adds anything to the therapy, other than a neat cooling sensation, and by adding air to the water, you can cool the tub down a bit in hot weather.

Thanks, I was thinking it would be a cool thing but I dont think I will miss it. The Elation doesnt have the option due to the sound system. They say the blower would drown out the music, so I'm cool with the radio. If I want bubbles, I'll get a long straw and start blowing! LOL

Yeah you're right! Also, all of those jet bodies for a hot tub can get hairy to replace and especially when there is foam encased around them from the backside of the shell.