Local Cal Spa Dealer=good Rep/good Service: I Might Buy From Dealer Over Costco.

WooBah

I have been looking for a spa, I have asked questions, responded to posts, received return responses. I have agreed with some posts, disagreed with some posts, but all posts have been extremely respectful and helpful. I appreciate the professional character of the posters I have encountered.

I have been talking about the Costco Experience, which I love! I have been seriously considering the Costco Elite Spa. I have talking about how I cannot find a good deal at a Dealer. I have been countered by a number of the Dealers on this Forum. There arguement is that the Dealer can provide answers, service, and help, as long as you have a reputable Dealer. Therefore, the money spent at a Dealer is well worth the extra dollars.

Well, I do have an open mind. :D So, I asked a lot of people in various complimentary industries and various home builders who they would recommend as a Good, Reputable, Spa Dealer. I was given three consistent names. They represented the following products, Hot Springs, Maquis, and Cal Spas. So, I went to all three of these Dealers today. I must admit that all three were extremely helpful and knew their business. All three explained details of their Tubs, how to use them, and all said, they would setup the spa, make sure everything works correctly, show how to work the spa, and if needed provide any additional help and/or service. Again, I have to admit, I was impressed.

Alll three had very nice spas. But, the best deal happens to be at Cal Spas. There was a recent Home Show in my area. All the Dealers had spas at the show. Cal Spas has one of their home show spas left that they want to sell. It is a Classic Series CS22, seven seater, 22 Jets. Here is the link:

http://www.calspas.com/hot_tubs/detail~a~145~b~2006.htm The spa is considered New by the Dealer, has the Full Warranty, and Full Dealer Service. The price for the spa has been reduced to $4100 Delivery and Setup included. Spa comes with Cover, steps. I will have to pay for Electrical.

This was the best deal in terms of dollars from the above Dealers. The next best was a Marquis EveryDay Six Seat Spa for $5600 Delivered, as opposed to the the Cal Spa CS22 at $4100 Delivered. I have read that some Dealers on this Forum and Posters do think highly of Cal Spa, but the Local Dealer here that sells Cal Spas has a great reputation. Does anyone have opinions on the Cal Spa CS22, this particular scenario, or suggestions? I am seriously considering buying this spa.

Thanks you.

I have been looking for a spa, I have asked questions, responded to posts, received return responses. I have agreed with some posts, disagreed with some posts, but all posts have been extremely respectful and helpful. I appreciate the professional character of the posters I have encountered.

I have been talking about the Costco Experience, which I love! I have been seriously considering the Costco Elite Spa. I have talking about how I cannot find a good deal at a Dealer. I have been countered by a number of the Dealers on this Forum. There arguement is that the Dealer can provide answers, service, and help, as long as you have a reputable Dealer. Therefore, the money spent at a Dealer is well worth the extra dollars.

Well, I do have an open mind. :D So, I asked a lot of people in various complimentary industries and various home builders who they would recommend as a Good, Reputable, Spa Dealer. I was given three consistent names. They represented the following products, Hot Springs, Maquis, and Cal Spas. So, I went to all three of these Dealers today. I must admit that all three were extremely helpful and knew their business. All three explained details of their Tubs, how to use them, and all said, they would setup the spa, make sure everything works correctly, show how to work the spa, and if needed provide any additional help and/or service. Again, I have to admit, I was impressed.

Alll three had very nice spas. But, the best deal happens to be at Cal Spas. There was a recent Home Show in my area. All the Dealers had spas at the show. Cal Spas has one of their home show spas left that they want to sell. It is a Classic Series CS22, seven seater, 22 Jets. Here is the link:

http://www.calspas.com/hot_tubs/detail~a~145~b~2006.htm The spa is considered New by the Dealer, has the Full Warranty, and Full Dealer Service. The price for the spa has been reduced to $4100 Delivery and Setup included. Spa comes with Cover, steps. I will have to pay for Electrical.

This was the best deal in terms of dollars from the above Dealers. The next best was a Marquis EveryDay Six Seat Spa for $5600 Delivered, as opposed to the the Cal Spa CS22 at $4100 Delivered. I have read that some Dealers on this Forum and Posters do think highly of Cal Spa, but the Local Dealer here that sells Cal Spas has a great reputation. Does anyone have opinions on the Cal Spa CS22, this particular scenario, or suggestions? I am seriously considering buying this spa.

Thanks you.

on the surface this seems like a fairly easy call because we are talking 1500 bucks here, and 1500 bucks to me and i am sure to most all others is alot of raw-haw. read back on some of the posts here and other tub chat boards about cal-spas history, and marquis reputation. remember wet test, check out the history of customer service and warranty work on both and hot springs. IMHO knowing what i now know, i would spend the extra $1500 on the marquis. good luck have fun because..it is fun.

Well, i must take a Cal spa as bad as they are over a Costco tub anyday of the week. I was just at costco again yesterday and was suprised at how Costco could even put ther name on it. The Cal Spa has many shortcomings as well. The Marqui is a better spa but as you are aware, you must pay for it. That is entirely up to you. ONe of the biggest things that you seem to have overlooked about the benefits of the dealer is the wet test. PLease take advantage of this. I cant stress it anymore. I would take either spa over the costco. There was just another thread where someone with one figured his costco spa was costing 50 bucks a month to run. Ouch. If you have the spa for 5 years and assuming a good brand will cost 20-30 dollars to run the additional cost with costco is 1200-1800 bucks. This is a pay now or pay later industry. Try to test the spas and figure out which one you like better and buy it. The benefit of buying with a delaer is the service, selections and piece of mind but in this case it goes further. ITS THE PRODUCT. No descent hot tub dealer would be caught dead selling the Costco spa.

Well, i must take a Cal spa as bad as they are over a Costco tub anyday of the week. I was just at costco again yesterday and was suprised at how Costco could even put ther name on it. The Cal Spa has many shortcomings as well. The Marqui is a better spa but as you are aware, you must pay for it. That is entirely up to you. ONe of the biggest things that you seem to have overlooked about the benefits of the dealer is the wet test. PLease take advantage of this. I cant stress it anymore. I would take either spa over the costco. There was just another thread where someone with one figured his costco spa was costing 50 bucks a month to run. Ouch. If you have the spa for 5 years and assuming a good brand will cost 20-30 dollars to run the additional cost with costco is 1200-1800 bucks. This is a pay now or pay later industry. Try to test the spas and figure out which one you like better and buy it. The benefit of buying with a delaer is the service, selections and piece of mind but in this case it goes further. ITS THE PRODUCT. No descent hot tub dealer would be caught dead selling the Costco spa.

Make sure the Cal Spa is full foam. At that price I doubt it is, but if so good choice. The marquis is also a good spa. Good Luck!

TBK

Happy Hunting!