Closing Spa For The Winter

You're local dealer should be able to winterize your spa so that you can "close it up" for the season (basically drain it completely including your lines and then put antifreeze in it . . . non-toxic kind of course, similar to winterizing water lines).

Thanks for the info. Good to know that it can be done and that I don't have to ask someone to check my tub while I'm away.

You can either drain it and put pool anitfreeze in the lines, or you can leave the water in it and turn the temp down to the lowest setting (about 45 degrees), so that the water will circulate just enough to keep it from freezing.

You can either drain it and put pool anitfreeze in the lines, or you can leave the water in it and turn the temp down to the lowest setting (about 45 degrees), so that the water will circulate just enough to keep it from freezing.

I would'nt recommend that if he is going away for several months, you would still have to maintain a chemical balance, leaving a spa with no sanitizer level for that period of time would mean coming back to a pretty ucky water problem. draining the spa is the way to go.

I would'nt recommend that if he is going away for several months, you would still have to maintain a chemical balance, leaving a spa with no sanitizer level for that period of time would mean coming back to a pretty ucky water problem. draining the spa is the way to go.

drain it out, blow it out, drop the anitfreeze if temps are low, and than cover up the rest of the spa with a nice plastic tarp looking contraption and enjoy your vacation. :D