Spa Pricing

tcdckc

First off, thanks to everyone for their responses/help regarding our first post ("1st time buyer) about comparing different spas. After wet testing, we have decided on the Dimension 1 Diplomat spa, which was extremely comfortable with incredible massage ability.

Now a follow-up question: Is there a way to find out what a reasonable price is to pay for a specific spa? I know you can get actual dealer cost info on a new vehicle, but is there a way to get this info on a spa? If not, does anyone have that kind of info available to them? I'd like to have some sort of assurance that I'm not getting taken to the cleaners.

Thanks again in advance for your responses. :rolleyes:

First off, thanks to everyone for their responses/help regarding our first post ("1st time buyer) about comparing different spas. After wet testing, we have decided on the Dimension 1 Diplomat spa, which was extremely comfortable with incredible massage ability.

Now a follow-up question: Is there a way to find out what a reasonable price is to pay for a specific spa? I know you can get actual dealer cost info on a new vehicle, but is there a way to get this info on a spa? If not, does anyone have that kind of info available to them? I'd like to have some sort of assurance that I'm not getting taken to the cleaners.

Thanks again in advance for your responses. :rolleyes:

I responded in your first thread but I'll move it here too in case you didn't see it.

"From what I gather, the pricing is highly dependant on the area you live in, the particular dealer's overhead, etc. So prices can vary as much as $1000 or more. I just called a dealer in my region (Oregon Coast) and was quoted the following, which only includes startup kit, regular cover and delivery/setup.

Diplomat - $9041

Californian - $8890

Aurora II - $8117

Chairman II - $10,276

Cover lifter is an extra $175-$275. The standard shell is a new lifetime warranty shell but only comes in white. If you want color it's a $200 option and a totally different shell (acrylic) that does not have the lifetime warranty.

Actually, I just checked the website and they have that 'everythings included' deal going on (cover lifter, steps, etc) so you might print out that coupon."

Thank you for the info. The price that I was given was $8495 (including the cover, lifter and all the other freebies that they are currently offering). Of course, we have to pay CA sales tax on top of that, but I've yet to find a way to get around that! Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. The price that I was given was $8495 (including the cover, lifter and all the other freebies that they are currently offering). Of course, we have to pay CA sales tax on top of that, but I've yet to find a way to get around that! Thanks again.

Glad to hear you found one that you both like.

I wasn't specifically looking at the Diplomat when I bought my Chairman, but I the Nautilus and Californian were $8k at the Memorial day sale when I bought the Chairman ($9k). They were all with the white interior, cover, lifter, chemicals, and steps, but not the LFX or stainless steel jet covers - neither of which I wanted. I'm pretty sure the Diplomat was the same price as the Nautilus and Californian. Since that was in Dublin, it might cost a bit more for delivery from them up your way. Also, I get the feeling that dealers can leverage extra discounts or volume discounts during common sales events or show related events...so $8500 doesnt sound out of line, given we're past Memorial Day and July 4th...of course Labor Day is coming soon enough...

Beyond the bottomline price, consider the dealer's reputation for service and the long term relationship you want with them....with that context, you can decide who you want to buy from in the area, and how hard you want to grind for a deal.

Good Luck and Good Tubbing!

The sales tax thing can be pretty easy to get around. If you get a note from your doctor that recommends hydrotherapy, for any reason, sales tax can be eliminated. This is the way it works in Virginia, but I am not sure about CA. Give it a try, it can save you about $500 depending on the tax rate.