Are Older Cal Spa's Like Around Year 2000 Poorly Built?

There's such a mix of reviews on Cal Spa's I thought I'd see what people that service them can tell me about the spa's? I have a 1990 Cal Spa that's really seemed to hold up pretty good considering my parents never stained it the entire time they had it and for the last 2 years I've had it I've only had some minor issues which I attribute to age. The shell originally came with a 25 year warranty and still seems to be holding up good. So to go to a 2000 would be a huge jump for me and it's really all I want to spend at around $1800 for a very nice and well maintained 2000 Cal Spa that holds 6-7 people with a lounger. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have worked a several Cal spas the spas are on the low end of quality, not saying you cannot get a good one, but I would gamble on it.

If you want a Cal Spa buy from 2003 or later. You should be able to get one for from $500 to $700 if you look on Ebay.