Long, Skinny Hot Tub

Amy D

I bought a nice 8'x8' Arctic spa, but when it was time to hook it all up, the city wouldn't let me because of a property line setback rule. So I need a spa that is close to 5' wide to comply with the ruling. I need a big hot tub, though, and have up to 13 feet in length to work with. Does anyone know of a long skinny hot tub that would solve my problem?? Thanks!!

I bought a nice 8'x8' Arctic spa, but when it was time to hook it all up, the city wouldn't let me because of a property line setback rule. So I need a spa that is close to 5' wide to comply with the ruling. I need a big hot tub, though, and have up to 13 feet in length to work with. Does anyone know of a long skinny hot tub that would solve my problem?? Thanks!!

That is an interesting problem. There used to be some small "lap pools" like that, maybe 15 feet long. If you really want that size, you need to build one from scratch. My friend over at www.custombuiltspas.com can help you with that. Otherwise your going to be with a 4 person tub for the most part.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Hi Amy:

Each county or city has its own laws, but I am not sure that you got good advice on this issue. A portable hot tub would not normally be impacted by property setback requirements. It is not a permanent structure. If it was a city clerk that told you that, you might want to check with a local attorney to make sure the city gave you correct information. Usually, set back requirements apply to the building of a permanent structure.

Even if the setback rule should apply, since you already bought an Arctic, I would look into the possiblity of requesting a varience or special exception from the city. But I really don't think a lot set back requirement can apply to a portable hot tub.

Rich