Will 18 X 34w/ Buttresses Doughboy Pool Cave In If Emptied?

lar3218

Hello,

I just fixed my liner that came in the pool. Now I have about 19 " inches of water and it is vert dirty and starting to smell.

My question is can/should I empty out the rest of water to clean properly, or just add water like normanl and shock away??

Will my pool walls collapse if I drain al water to clean?

Thaks

Larry

It shouldnt cave in but you may have issues with the liner not being set prorperly when you refill. If you leave a couple inches in the bottom you should be ok. If your still in the middle of instal and have a shop vac to suck the air out from under the liner then yes you can empty the pool and clean but make sure you are still running the shop vac.

It shouldnt cave in but you may have issues with the liner not being set prorperly when you refill. If you leave a couple inches in the bottom you should be ok. If your still in the middle of instal and have a shop vac to suck the air out from under the liner then yes you can empty the pool and clean but make sure you are still running the shop vac.

Thank YOU!!

I have the 8" top rails, and I was lucky that the liner did not rip, and the coping pieces were not tight like brand new ones are. The pool is 9 years old, and also luck the liner had a lot more inches to it.

So if I empty it, then I can go inside and clean? RIght? Do I have to have the shopvac on the whole time while it is empty?

With having 3 Buttresses on each side of oval pool, i just want to cave in. I had a kidney trasnsplant, and was not able to put away pool in Fall like I should of. Now I had a also buy a new Cart. Filter C17502 Hayward.

Thanks again, and please advise if I have to be careful of anything else. Thank you

Larry in Lemont, Il 60439

After re-reading your original post and the last post I would not suggest emptying the pool fully take it down to about 4-6" from the bottom and refill with only a small amount left it should dilute with the rest of the water and a shock treatment and rebalancing the pool you should be ok. Skim out and leaves or debris. Since you pool is 9 years old I think you better play it safe you just might have to use a little more shock in the beginning.

After re-reading your original post and the last post I would not suggest emptying the pool fully take it down to about 4-6" from the bottom and refill with only a small amount left it should dilute with the rest of the water and a shock treatment and rebalancing the pool you should be ok. Skim out and leaves or debris. Since you pool is 9 years old I think you better play it safe you just might have to use a little more shock in the beginning.

Thank You AGAIN!! I will let you know what happens!

Larry