Please Help Me With My Numbers

I have recently converted from Baquacil to chlorine. My conversion went great :) I bought a Taylor K-2006 test kit. I need help knowing what I should do with my water chemistry. I have a 10,500 gallon above ground vinyl-lined pool with a sand filter. I use tri-chlor tabs in my skimmer (have not hooked up chlorinator yet.) Here are my readings this morning...

FC-1ppm

CC-1ppm

pH-7.0

TA-80

CYA-50

I belong to another forum and was given advice regarding shocking but I would like to see what others think I should do. I would like to stick with the tri-chlor tabs because they are easy...If I choose to stick with tri-chlor tabs (since I have a big bucket to use) can I just make sure that I add polyquat 60 algaeicide weekly to make sure that I do not develop any algae as a result of a (increasingly) high CYA level. I remember seeing that if your CYA level gets too high that you need to drain or backwash like crazy OR make sure that you have a back-up algaecide going on like a polyquat 60. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Let me know what you all think.

thank you!

Stop using Trichlor at this point. Your CYA is at 50. You don't want it higher than that. Trichlor will raise your CYA and you will cross into the land of alge blooms.

Switch to Clorox bleach or an SWG. Since you have a CC of 1, which I assume means you have a TC (R-0003 used) of 2, then you need to shock to at least 10ppm, though I'd wager you have another chlorine demand problem. After shocking to 10ppm, if your FC holds overnight and your CC goes away, your clear. If not, consider super-shocking to 20ppm and keeping it there until it stays at 18-20ppm FC overnight. Then let it burn off. When it does burn off, your PH will drop, so keep an eye on it. You can simply aerate your pool (waterfall or similar) while the chlorine burns off to raise your PH. Keep aerating to PH7.5. And keep your FC between 4-6. Much of it is in reserve combined with the CYA, which is slowing the burn-off from the sun.

BTW, what is your CA?

If you do get an SWG, you can supliment it with trichlor until your CYA gets to 80, which is the recommended level for an SWG. I keep mine at 50 though.

I'm sure waterbear will post better details. Just wanted to help out quickly.