Gulf Coast Spas

jimjewell

looking for any comments on gulf coast spas- have dealer giving good prices- looking for large spa

comments pros/cons a newbie- thanks

I have never heard of them but looking on the web site they look nice. How long has the dealer been around. Check the BBB and also ask the company for references because any reputable company can provide them for you to call existing customers that own one. I am not a fan of full foam or wood panels but who knows you might like it.

Also not familiar with this brand, find out what dealers are in your area so you can compare them to what else is available. Then narrow your search down to 2 or 3, and wet test, once you have made your descision put on your negotiation hat. Good luck and update us on your progress.

looking for any comments on gulf coast spas- have dealer giving good prices- looking for large spa

They are porbably best known for selling spas for $4800 that they claim normally sell for $9000 but really always sell for $4800 (ofen through dealers selling from most anywhere including storage units). I've seen some real unhappy customers on these sites but then I've seen a few happy ones also but they usually are the type of people that are do-it-yourselfers because GC Spas has that 24 hr technical support that is really there to try to get you to fix the spa yourself as you might have a tough time getting them to come fix it. Those are the things I've seen over and over, I have no direct experience..

I bought a Cal Spa last November. When I was looking, I saw a great deal on a Gulf Coast spa from a "warehouse" dealer. Checking it out, I found a great many people had problems with Gulf Coast honoring their warrantees. (If you don't mail in the card within ten days, the warrantee is void.) I can't vouch for it personally but that's what I was told.

Also, when the warehouse manager told me they could install the 220V wiring in my house for $200-300 (sight unseen), I became a bit more suspicious. I went with the Cal Spa which was a bit more expensive because there was a large reputable dealer in town who would service it and support the warrantee. I have had no trouble whatsoever so far.

Good luck in your selection!!! :)

Check out www.gulfcoastspas.com

24hr service phone number is 727) 573-9888 if you have any concerns

They are a member of the BBB of W. Florida

Once you have gotten onto their website, check out a few dealers close to you and see if you can start up a relationship. You are buying the company and their service not only the spa. Ask about warranties... in writing, spa construction and materials, if they are environmentally friendly... there are a few things to consider once you've selected the right size (big one). What exactly will you have to do to maintain the water and the spa?

Compare spas with a couple of different companies. If you need more time to decide, a good company most often can extend a special sale for a period of time for you to do the research that you need to feel comfortable with your decision.

Hope that helps. Best of luck in your search!

(If you don't mail in the card within ten days, the warrantee is void.) I can't vouch for it personally but that's what I was told.

A GC Spas rep on another site did admit to that and tried to say it was their way to avoid fraud or some such lame answer. It really is their way to avoid honoring the warranty as the know MANY people won't fill out those warranty cards and send them in.

If you buy a GC Spa you should assume YOU will be the repair person. Their appeal is lower prices but they come at a cost so make sure you go in with your eyes open but as long as you know what the deal is ahead of time (not always the case) then it's all fair.

I purchased a GC spa last May: Boca Grande

I spent $900 for the electrician.

I love the options of the jets, the volcano, the placement of the jets, the ability to adjust the strength of the pressure. I like the arm rests epecially when I get too warm and want to elevate myself.

Service: 24 hour hot line is great for my work schedule. I have not had a need for onsite service, yet.

Chemical Free?: Not with my water. I live on the west end of the Niagra Escarpment and my water has high levels of iron and sulphur and other metals ( I assume this because the dipstick pad color is purple not red/orange). My pH is 8.4+, calcium hardness is > 1000. The sanitizer was undetectable because at these levels, it could not dissolve in the water. My water would be fine for 1-2 weeks and then the green goo would begin to grow. I spent much time on the hot line. I was told to have the local dealer (not GC) to test the water and they would troubleshoot from there. I suspect the metals were not tested at that time.

I spent the next few months playing with chemicals and many trips to have my water tested. Finally GC suggested to go with the chemicals the local dealer sold ( Brilliance) because he could not help me nay more. (GC) He was very kind and spent a lot of time on the phone with me. I was finally able to get my water to settle down and have truly enjoyed the tub.

I am looking into a non- bromine water tratment because I hate the smell. This site is awesome. I have many leads on what to do this next tub season (too cold for me outside right now).

I purchased a GC spa last May: Boca Grande

I spent $900 for the electrician.

I love the options of the jets, the volcano, the placement of the jets, the ability to adjust the strength of the pressure. I like the arm rests epecially when I get too warm and want to elevate myself.

Service: 24 hour hot line is great for my work schedule. I have not had a need for onsite service, yet.

Chemical Free?: Not with my water. I live on the west end of the Niagra Escarpment and my water has high levels of iron and sulphur and other metals ( I assume this because the dipstick pad color is purple not red/orange). My pH is 8.4+, calcium hardness is > 1000. The sanitizer was undetectable because at these levels, it could not dissolve in the water. My water would be fine for 1-2 weeks and then the green goo would begin to grow. I spent much time on the hot line. I was told to have the local dealer (not GC) to test the water and they would troubleshoot from there. I suspect the metals were not tested at that time.

I spent the next few months playing with chemicals and many trips to have my water tested. Finally GC suggested to go with the chemicals the local dealer sold ( Brilliance) because he could not help me nay more. (GC) He was very kind and spent a lot of time on the phone with me. I was finally able to get my water to settle down and have truly enjoyed the tub.

I am looking into a non- bromine water tratment because I hate the smell. This site is awesome. I have many leads on what to do this next tub season (too cold for me outside right now).

The key here is having a local dealer. A local dealer will know what the local water supply is like and already have a good idea on the best chemicals to use in your area (for example, we have no problem with calcium, pH or metals in our local water, and don't need to add calcium or use a lot of chemicals to get rid of high metals).

Also, just to point out, there is another company called "Coast Spas", are they affilliated with "Gulf Coast" or totally separate. I think they are entirely different, but not sure.

The key here is having a local dealer. A local dealer will know what the local water supply is like and already have a good idea on the best chemicals to use in your area (for example, we have no problem with calcium, pH or metals in our local water, and don't need to add calcium or use a lot of chemicals to get rid of high metals).

Also, just to point out, there is another company called "Coast Spas", are they affilliated with "Gulf Coast" or totally separate. I think they are entirely different, but not sure.

Coast Spas are a whole differant company.

• 1 month later...

Those are both nice units. I like the deeper spas myself so I'd probably go with the Elation. Out of those Two.

we have not wet test elation but the geneva like the tub. does not have a many jets in foot well

on elation, will see if dealer will fill with water so we can wet test.

• 1 year later...

I have the same tub.

Just bought it JUNE 2007 and it is already broken down ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD.

The warrany sucks ****.....................

They talk you through the repair process. Long distance at your cost. They supply you the parts and you fix it.

They do not ship expedited but ground and it takes 5 days.

Expited is your cost if you want the apsrts quicker.

The spa pack has gone on mine it heats upm to 106 and will not shut down. The pump is running 24 7.

PISSED OFF IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

I did not buy this to work as a repair man for GULF COAST FOR FREE.

OH you also have to give them a credit cad number to secure the aprts theya are sending you. You then send back the old part and they take the hold off your credit card.

My advise to anyone.

DON"T BUY A GULF COAST SPA.

If you do and it breaks down don't say I did not warn you.

That sucks but I'll save this for the next person who asks. I know II posted above about what that 24-hr phone help was really all about and you just validated it. They sell it as a major positive when it really should be a harbinger of what you're going to run into when an issue arrises.

I have the same tub.

Just bought it JUNE 2007 and it is already broken down ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD.

The warrany sucks ****.....................

They talk you through the repair process. Long distance at your cost. They supply you the parts and you fix it.

They do not ship expedited but ground and it takes 5 days.

Expited is your cost if you want the apsrts quicker.

The spa pack has gone on mine it heats upm to 106 and will not shut down. The pump is running 24 7.

PISSED OFF IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

I did not buy this to work as a repair man for GULF COAST FOR FREE.

OH you also have to give them a credit cad number to secure the aprts theya are sending you. You then send back the old part and they take the hold off your credit card.

My advise to anyone.

If you do and it breaks down don't say I did not warn you.