Best Aeration Methods For Covered Pool?

I'm trying to raise pH without raising total alkalinity and it looks like aeration is the way to that from other posts. I'm wondering what methods are recommended for a pool with an automatic safety cover on most of the time when waterfalls and fountains won't work.

Are there bubblers/diffusers that can work under the cover?

Also, how long should it take to raise a 15,000 gallon pool from 7.0 to 7.2 pH? If it's quick enough, I could see a floating fountain doing the job while the cover is open.

I'm open to other suggestions to raise pH without raising TA if there are any.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

If I aerate with the cover off, is a floating fountain effective or should I look at some of the aerators for small ponds with a pump and diffuser stones? How long does it take to raise the pH from 7.0 to 7.2 on a 15,000 galon pool? Is it a day a few days ... Thanks.

Jim

a floating fountain is a very effective aerator. Why do you only want to raise the pH to 7.2? If you are using a non stabilized chlorine source you will have less acid usage if you lower the TA to about 80 ppm and raise pH to 7.6 . If you are using a stabilized chlorine source you are, in effect, always adding acid since the pH of both trichlor and dichlor is acidic so you wantot run a higher TA (100-120 ppm) and keep the pH at 7.4-7..6 so it doesn't go too low.

The only way to know how long it will take in your pool is to start aerating and test your pH every few hours. Every pool is different and a lot will depend on just how well the fountain aerates the water. This is dependant on the water pressure through the fountain to a degree.

I'm struggling to keep pH in range so moving from 7.0 to 7.2 is the drill I've been on lately. I agree that 7.4-7.6 is the place to be. TA is currently 100ppm and pH is 7.2. I'm using stabilized chlorine in a feeder and have experienced pH drifting down over time (looks like its the acidity of the stabilized chlorine). Over the course of a season TA get's out of range high and pH goes out of range low. I've not known what to do except dump pool water and refill with high pH and low TA out of the tap. It's been frustrating learning the hard way about chasing pH and TA up and down together with chemicals and not getting where I need to be. So, I'm excited to try aeration.

Any suggestions on the type of floating fountain. I've seen solar ones and ones that tie into the pool's return line. I'd expect there are ones that plug in and have their own pump too, but have not seen them. Any coaching on the type of fountain to look for is appreciated. Thanks.

Jim