Coping Coming Apart.

Well, my concrete contractor, the one the came highly recommended, has failed to deliver in just about every way so far.

The fiberglass pool was installed last December. At that time, the "colored" brown concrete we specifically asked to be poured came out battleship grey. He assured us that in 72 hrs/3 weeks/3 months the color would come around as the concrete cured. In the mean time, he applied a colored sealer that still was not to our satisfaction. We went with a pre-colored concrete so as to not have color problems if the concrete chipped.

We had the contractor back last week, and he assured us the color was brown. Funny, at best you could say it has a tannish tint to it when the sun hits it right. I MAY be able to live with that tint, but it certainly wasn't what I paid TOP dollar for-more than ANY other contractor that bid the job. We paid top dollar because these guys were supposed to be "the best." HAH!

To make matters worse, the canti-levered concrete edging is coming off in chunks where the concrete meets the fiberglass. $40k into a brand new pool and it looks like crap, and continues to fall apart!

So, the guy says he will come back and seal/color the concrete til it's the color I want(which defeats the purpose of pre-coloring the concrete in the first place.) He also said the coping falling apart was to blame on the flexing fiberglass pool(it couldn't possibly be his shoddy work, right?) However, since he's such a good guy, and will stand behind his work...he'll have the loose/crumbling coping scraped off and the coping re-surfaced.

So, any thoughts on this? Will the concrete continue to crumble after the repair job? Mainly, I'm bent about paying top dollar for the "best" around and getting bad service. Is there something about canti-levered concrete and fiberglass pools that don't match? I'm seconds away from throwing the SOB off the job and getting some cash back...in court if need be.