Filter Flow Isn't Strong

Last year I noticed the flow going through the filter system was strong. Enough so that it created a little whirlpool inside the skimmer. And the water coming out the out jet was nice and strong.

We just opened our pool last week and had been having issues clearing the algae up. It is now a cloudy blue color.

Anyway, I noticed the flow isn't very strong. I tried vacuuming the pool, but couldn't get enough water in the hose and it would screw the system up and I would have to shut it down.

I do have a hose from the skimmer to the pump that has the small filter on it, which then has another hose going from the pump to the sand filter, then a third hose from the sand filter to the out jet.

The hose from teh skimmer to the pump is leaking and enough so that its almost a steady stream. I am wondering if this is the problem of the low flow. Because the water is leaking out the hose it doesn't have enough "vacuum" to pull water through. Either that maybe its clogged with crap.

I plan on replacing the hose tomorrow.

Last year I noticed the flow going through the filter system was strong. Enough so that it created a little whirlpool inside the skimmer. And the water coming out the out jet was nice and strong.

We just opened our pool last week and had been having issues clearing the algae up. It is now a cloudy blue color.

Anyway, I noticed the flow isn't very strong. I tried vacuuming the pool, but couldn't get enough water in the hose and it would screw the system up and I would have to shut it down.

I do have a hose from the skimmer to the pump that has the small filter on it, which then has another hose going from the pump to the sand filter, then a third hose from the sand filter to the out jet.

The hose from teh skimmer to the pump is leaking and enough so that its almost a steady stream. I am wondering if this is the problem of the low flow. Because the water is leaking out the hose it doesn't have enough "vacuum" to pull water through. Either that maybe its clogged with crap.

I plan on replacing the hose tomorrow.

Clean and backwash the filter, and ensure there's not air lock in the system, and the water levels are appropriate to ensure good full flow.

Clean and backwash the filter, and ensure there's not air lock in the system, and the water levels are appropriate to ensure good full flow.

Thanks!! I backwashed it, and POOF! Like magic. The flow is now awesome. I am still planning on replacing the leaking hose from the skimmer to the pump.

Thanks!! I backwashed it, and POOF! Like magic. The flow is now awesome. I am still planning on replacing the leaking hose from the skimmer to the pump.

Paying attention to the pressure guage can help be an indication of when it's time to backwash. I try to do it at least once a week, and always after a vacuum.