Regarding Arctic Spa Jets And Atali Awa

It is from my understanding that the dealer and the manufacturer have made numerous attempts to fix the problem with Atali's jets. The dealer did sell BaquaSpa product at time of delivery but according to documentation and email Atali mentions a few times using Baqacil, not baquaspa. Yes it is a biguinide but Baqacil is used for pools and is a much higher concentration than BaquaSpa. The dealer does not carry Baquacil so it may be safe to assume Atali is purchasing Baquacil from another source or online. I cant think of any other way that Atali would know about Baquacil unless he is using it as the dealer does not even carry the Baquacil product. From my understanding Atali has yet to switch chemicals as requested by the dealer and manufacturer. Many of the people owning arctic spas are using Baquaspa with no problems what so ever. The chemical analysis provided by Atali are not even accurate. I have seen the printouts and his shock readings consistently are above 70-80 PPMS while the bigunide readings are extremely high. I am in the process of scanning these tests to post as an attachment. So for the record, the jets have been offered to be replaced on the contingency the chemicals are to be switched. The chemicals will be swapped out for bromine. The offer still stands; the dealer would love to resolve the issue!

Allstar1975

It is from my understanding that the dealer and the manufacturer have made numerous attempts to fix the problem with Atali's jets. The dealer did sell BaquaSpa product at time of delivery but according to documentation and email Atali mentions a few times using Baqacil, not baquaspa. Yes it is a biguinide but Baqacil is used for pools and is a much higher concentration than BaquaSpa. The dealer does not carry Baquacil so it may be safe to assume Atali is purchasing Baquacil from another source or online. I cant think of any other way that Atali would know about Baquacil unless he is using it as the dealer does not even carry the Baquacil product. From my understanding Atali has yet to switch chemicals as requested by the dealer and manufacturer. Many of the people owning arctic spas are using Baquaspa with no problems what so ever. The chemical analysis provided by Atali are not even accurate. I have seen the printouts and his shock readings consistently are above 70-80 PPMS while the bigunide readings are extremely high. I am in the process of scanning these tests to post as an attachment. So for the record, the jets have been offered to be replaced on the contingency the chemicals are to be switched. The chemicals will be swapped out for bromine. The offer still stands; the dealer would love to resolve the issue!

Allstar1975

Hi Allstar.

It sounds like you have intimate knoweldge of this sitution. Are you with the dealer, or are you associated with directly with Artic?

Hi Allstar.

It sounds like you have intimate knoweldge of this sitution. Are you with the dealer, or are you associated with directly with Artic?

Funny you ask...I am new to the forum and got on here to see what is going on. I happen to be part of the dealership here. I have been in the industry for over 7 years and been with this dealership running 3 months. As I was reading some of the topics I knew exactly who this person was by reading his RANT! The facts have been horribly misrepresented by Atali. He has complained to the BBB and upon receiving our documented information nothing has come of it. He is just very disgruntled is all. I hope to appease him and make things better; all I ask is he complies with what we have asked of him and everything would be fine.

I can see how it might be important to know if he was using Baquacil vs. Baqua Spa. But this the first time I've read anyone saying that he used Baquacil. If he was not following the dealer recommended chemical maintenance, that should have been pointed out sooner.

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that Baqua is approved for use with Arctic Spas and that the problems he encountered were due to using too much Baqua or using Baquacil?

I can see how it might be important to know if he was using Baquacil vs. Baqua Spa. But this the first time I've read anyone saying that he used Baquacil. If he was not following the dealer recommended chemical maintenance, that should have been pointed out sooner.

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that Baqua is approved for use with Arctic Spas and that the problems he encountered were due to using too much Baqua or using Baquacil?

Yes BaquaSpa is working fine for around 400-500 of our users. Remember BaquaSpa is not Baquacil (different concentration levals).

This is becoming a classic who done it.

All thats missing is some grainy footage of Atali using Baquacil from the grassy knowl across the street from his house.

LOL that left a funny picture in my mind. Thanks for the laugh Flibott.

I want this to end and come to a resolution other than refunding and taking back the spa. We will not take the spa back.

Im done posting about this situation.

This is becoming a classic who done it.

All thats missing is some grainy footage of Atali using Baquacil from the grassy knowl across the street from his house.

I made a mistake referencing Baquacil one time and now it's the basis for the dealer's response to the BBB. Please post your attachments... I'm interested in seeing how they compare to the printed reports your boss gave me. Maybe you should go ahead and post the link to the BBB complaint as well... I'm pretty sure you'd get some interested readers from this forum.

Five months, more than 90 jet failures, dealer recommends wrong chemicals and both the dealer and manufacturer attempt to discredit consumer. Dealer blames plastic until manufacturer councils dealer... Now it's the consumer who is too dim to follow dealer's erroneous direction.

According to you, I guess I'm not entitled to be upset.

Seems the 'facts' are in dispute. This often happens when humans are involved.

May I suggest the folks involved sit down and work this out in person? Makes interseting reading I'll admit, but since there are such divergant views on what has been said and done and what has not been said and done, I don't think there is any real reason to keep putting up threads dealing with this.

Do let us know if and when you get it all sorted out.

B)

See this thread for the outcome.

Edited by Chas