FLC Error

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I have been getting a persistent FLC error on a 2003 Arctic Spa Timberwolf hot tub. I have replaced the pressure switch twice and still get the same error after a couple of days. Pump 1 is a twin-speed 2hp unit, the output feeding into an Arctic Spas 3.6kW elbow heater with Hydroquip Tecmark 3902 pressure switch. Speed 1 is used for circulation when heating is required.

The pressure switch is open circuit with no pressure and closed circuit with pressure applied, bench tested with pneumatic pump and multimeter.

I cannot find the exact set of instruction for my Gecko Mspa Metapack series control box, but the Mspa MP Metapack technical manual mentions that the switch should be open circuit with the pump stopped and closed circuit with the pump running. This has been tested in-situ and appears to work correctly.

When I switch the hot tub on it runs perfectly for a couple of days, before the FLC error appears. Bizarrely it then runs pump 1 at low speed, thereby closing the pressure switch and effectively 'latching' the error. Pump 1 continues to run at low speed, without heating, until I switch the hot tub off to reset it. The cover is very efficient and we don't lose a lot of heat, this error is forcing pump 1 to run when it normally wouldn't be required, consuming lots of energy.

The other thing I have noticed is that when pump 1 stops, the pressure switch does not change from closed circuit to open circuit immediately, it takes a second or two. Could it be that the control board is expecting the switch to change state at the same instant as the pump running condition?

Or could it just be adjustment?

I have tried adjusting the switch quite a few times and have recently set the switch to be just about open circuit when the pump is not running.

Hope someone can help.

Tony

If the pump is running during FLC it could be due to a sticking or stuck on low pump relay.  If this is the case, when you press the jets button to switch to high speed jets the pump will receive both low and high signals and buzz loudly.  It could also be pressure switch that is bad or out of calibration.  The pressure switch should be set to 2psi.

SpaBoardDoctor