Coleman (Maax) 461 OHH error.

We had a power surge last night and when I went to use my hot tub (about a 2007 Coleman (Maax) 461 with Balboa electronics, it read “STU” (motor stuck?).  As usual, first troubleshooting step - power off and power on. That replaced the message with “HOT” (something overheated?). Everything was nice and cool, so I powered it off, moved A1 up to test mode, powered it on and got “OHH” (Overheat?) , which is where it now sits. Kind of strange as it happened in the middle of the night with the tub in standby on a 40° F night. I just started researching it, but figured I’d reach out and see if anybody has the “magic bullet” (not the food processor). I took a pic of the Balboa circuit board if that helps. Thanks, in advance, to anybody that can get me a couple more nice nights in the tub, before the brutal Texas summer rolls in.

All thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.96a10240f86752cde2bd813be4b2591f.jpeg

Test the 2 green buss fuses that say SC25 or SC 30 on them. Does the heating/filtering related pump run in low or the circ pump if it has one? Test the incoming power and make sure you have 240V red to black and did not lose a leg in the gfci when it took the hit.

The good news - the buss fuses measured ok.

the Bad news - now the 50 Amp GFI trips whenever I try to turn on the power. Something must be shorting out. 

I think I’m in for a long ride. 

any and all ideas welcome. 

Most common trip cause is the heater element. Disconnect the heater from the board and see if it holds. If it still trips disconnect each component one at a time until it holds (pumps, Ozone). Post pics of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see what you have and how it is wired