Communication Error TP800 Harbour Spa

Beagley1987

Hello all, I have recently got a hot tub from a friend. The model is a Harbour Spa, and uses a Balboa TP800 control unit and is roughly 5 years old. It had been in working condition, and recently had a new heater fitted. So today I finally got round to filling it up ready to be cleaned drained, re filled and used.

The first time I turned it on it primed and I left to heat for about two hours. The temp went from about 15 -20 degrees. Occasionally tried the jet, which all worked very well and had good pressure. I noticed what I thought was some trapped air (I think) coming from the circulation pump, I turned off the tub and cracked open the top nut on the pump to release air. Turned back on and seemed fine, carried on heating/circulation. Noise still there slightly. I was unsure if this noise is normal or not as I’ve never owned a hot tub before.

Came out later and found a Communication Error on screen and the hot tub was all off no pumping or heating was working. I tried turning it off and leaving it for a few minutes. Still no luck. Again turned it off and removed the electrical cover panel, I found Y piece connection going from the control panel to a the circuit board. Removed this and plugged lead from control panel straight in. To hopefully try and rule out if this cable was faulty. Still no joy still says Communication error after turning it back on. Can anyone recommend anything else I can try please ? I’m not sure the control panel itself is faulty as it seems to get power, but I will check the the four wires for continuity just in case. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Many thanks