Hot Spring 2021 Envoy control panel blank

Adams70

After cleaning my hot tub, the control panel is blank and appears dead. I removed and reinstalled the battery from the back of it to reset it. The lights under the control panel are not blinking. I thought the battery was dead but now thinking the unit screen is bad. How long do the batteries last in these control panels? Any ideas on other troubleshooting steps?

thanks

When you press and hold on the top right corner of the display panel for 10+ seconds (where the battery icon would be located) does the control panel reboot at all and display anything?

Do you have a wireless QI phone charging pad?  Your envoy wireless remote should charge from that pad and eventually turn on (then hunt for the RF from the dock to sync).  If it doesn't, your device could be toast, or the battery could be done but I am still having my doubts. 

Whenever I purge and drain/refill my tub, I sometimes have that issue with my 2019 Jetsetter remote where it will drain the battery completely and need a little while to charge and turn on if it's been off for a while. I don't think these batteries hold a charge for very long - it is essentially a mini PDA tablet running off a rechargeable battery.

If you cannot get it turned back on, call your dealer.  It *might* be covered under warranty (even though the battery is technically only covered for one year, the remote itself has a longer warranty).

17 hours ago, Adams70 said:

Pressing on the screen does nothing. I took it to the dealer. They tried a new battery but did not work. It is under warranty so a replacement is on the way. 

thanks for the info. 

Awesome to hear.  A big % of the price paid for a new Hotspring Highlife spa is that dealer's warranty. Don't be afraid to call and ask if anything is covered under warranty for the first five years - it just might be.