Heater too Hot

Hello all!

Looking for some help solving a Heater too Hot error message on a 2016 Tidalfit EP-14 with a Balboa Heater pack. Flow appears to be optimal. 

- Tested with and without filters. Similar results.

- Drained tub, vacuumed lines, flow seams good. Pipes are clean as a whistle.. 

- A/B sensors both read the same ohms. I enabled the topside control to display A/B sensor temps, they appear to be working when the circ pump is running and both reading the same temp when the circ pump turns off.

- I replaced the circulation pump with a new Chinese knockoff. It is working correctly. I replaced the old one because the pump sounded louder than usual and upon inspection the wet end impeller wasnt spinning freely as it should.

- Filter cycles are down to 1.5hrs twice a day.

This has been an intermittent issue but upon refilling the tub. The tub heated from 56 degrees to 103 (setting was 101) before I got this message with the new circ pump. Now it seems to trigger this error once or twice per day.

* Is it possible that the heater relays are sticking? If so, why would one sensor read different than the other if there is no flow?

* Could the circ pump be shutting off prematurely/ relative to the heater?

* Is it possible to have an intermittent sensor failure? Upon the last "Heater too hot" error, 1 sensor read 113 degrees and the other 103.

I did replace the topside control (like for like) but this was a less frequent issue before replacing that. The frequency of this error has steadily increased over the past 6 months.

Thanks in advance!!!

20221022_153244.jpg

Heater.jpg

Temp Sensor.jpg

Update.

The hot tub is set to 100 and the water is at 100 degrees. Yet there is a heater too hot error.

Upon resetting the tub via the topside control. The circ pump turned on, the A/B heater temps were within 1 to 2 degrees of each other for roughly 1 minute before the circ pump turned off. 

When the pump turned off, the temperature continued to rise (only on the A sensor) until the "heater too hot" error kicked on. I suspect this means that the heater is remaining on despite the pump being off.

Thoughts? Could this be a programming issue? 

Thanks, J