Help Needed, Cleaning A Home Spa

FTLOSM

Bought a house that has a HUGE aquatic brand home spa, this thing is big enough for 3 people, I dont even know how to get to the pumps and whatnot maybe under the house, cuz in bathroom its all tile around it.

Anyways tub works fine! Powers up all jets spin, a bit dirty but can clean that up by hand, problem is when i run the jets/tub the water gets brown fast.

I have fully filled and run the tub at least 10 times now yet everytime i hit the button and it runs for more than 30 seconds or so the tub water turns brown.

I read online to try 3/4 cup of bleech and a bit of non foaming soap, tried that on a few cycles of refilling and running the tub too but its still coming out brown after jet use.

Is there something i can buy or do to get those lines cleaned out and what is causing this?

Any suggestions appreciated, its a beautiful HUGE tub and I am DYING to use it but its sorta gross to see the water turn brown after turning it on for a min or two.

Bill :)

Anyone use this before?

http://www.ariesspas.com/extras%20store/ex..._swirlaway.html

wonder if it works or not, or if it would even help my situation...

any other products or ideas?

Bill

I've used the swirl away for a used tub I was given a while ago. I wasn't seeing brown water, but I wanted to "disenfect" and clean the thing before using it. It worked fine for me and I would recomdend trying it.

Don't forget to get some new filters for that used tub.

Good luck and let us know how it worked out for you.

I've used the swirl away for a used tub I was given a while ago. I wasn't seeing brown water, but I wanted to "disenfect" and clean the thing before using it. It worked fine for me and I would recomdend trying it.

Don't forget to get some new filters for that used tub.

Good luck and let us know how it worked out for you.

This is gonna sound dumb but where would the filters be? there is a round intake at the base on the side of the inside of this tub many little holes and its screwed on, should I unscrew that (is the filter in there?) as for actual pumps and such I have no idea how to access those, guessing under the house maybe i dunno.. cuz in bathroom its all encased in tile (no doors to open and access anything etc).

Bill

This is gonna sound dumb but where would the filters be? there is a round intake at the base on the side of the inside of this tub many little holes and its screwed on, should I unscrew that (is the filter in there?) as for actual pumps and such I have no idea how to access those, guessing under the house maybe i dunno.. cuz in bathroom its all encased in tile (no doors to open and access anything etc).

Bill

No, that's not a dumb question. Do you know what Dumb is?

Me.

I thought you were talking about a HOT TUB. Not a jaqzuzzi style bath tub. I don't belive the bathroom spa tubs have filters.

I would recomoned seeing if there is a manual you can get (online?) from the manufactuer on care and maitnece of your spa.

I have read you do need to be extra carfeul with these tubs and clean out the plumibing as water stagents in the hoses and becomes a breeding ground for bacteria. (The swirl away should be fine to use in your spa I would rinse / flush the hell out of the tub after using it, as swirl away is pretty harsh.

Sorry I could not be of more help. good luck.