Moto massage help

Hello, I have a hotsprings rx tub. The moto massage stopped working so I ordered a new flexible jet and fitted it according to the included instructions and YouTube videos. The arm does not go up and down as expected on full blast. All the 'experts' keep telling me is how to fit it and to line up the dots (vertical). I've read a few threads on here, but they seem to be more about no air coming through.  Mine has a strong jet. Can anyone on here shed any light please? Thank you

Try removing the filter from your tub - see if that helps. If the jets start moving again, then your filter is likely the issue - clean or replace.

Next, there is an air control knob on the topside near the motomassager.  Turn that knob and see if that helps.

• Thanks 1

So I've removed the flexible arm and air pipe again. Held it up and it hangs straight. Switched on and turned air valve to full. Air or water gushes from large hole where the vertebrae bit screws in. Put my finger over the air nozzle and cannot feel anything. Should I be able to feel air coming out? (Or sucking in?).

Thanks

7 hours ago, sllimphil said:

Air or water gushes from large hole where the vertebrae bit screws in.

That's probably the problem, but I am far from an expert

You should only feel water coming out from the end of the jet, anywhere else is causing a decrease in pressure which is preventing the arm from swinging properly

• 1 month later...

Hi all, problem now solved. Mice have been nibbling the insulation and the hose going to  the comfort control valve has sucked a load of foam bits up blocking it. Sucked out loads of bits, assembled and now working properly again. Air hose is now off the base so hopefully won't suck any crap into it!!

• Thanks 1