Hot Springs Grandee Remote Resetting

AaronBeirnes

Hello. We have a 2018 Hot Springs Grandee NXT. When the exterior temperature goes below about -15C or so the remote continuously resets. It cycles constantly between 'searching for spa', 'found spa/loading screens'. The remote is fine if the cover is closed but as soon as we open it and it's exposed to the elements for about 10 minutes the whole problem starts. As I said it's fine with temperatures greater than -15C or so.

Would anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Aaron

Sounds like some radio frequency interference.  Are you near a cellphone tower or some other high power RF radio source?

I'm about to head out the door, but I believe there's a way you can re-pair your remote with the charging dock so it hops to a different frequency which might resolve your issue.  But I forget the exact sequence of events (I just know I made the mistake of pressing and holding the lights button or jets button on the charging dock for too long and ended up going into pair-mode without realizing it - at that time my wireless remote completely stopped working until I did something, which I think was removing the remote battery for a few seconds)

3 hours ago, ratchett said:

Sounds like some radio frequency interference.  Are you near a cellphone tower or some other high power RF radio source?

I'm about to head out the door, but I believe there's a way you can re-pair your remote with the charging dock so it hops to a different frequency which might resolve your issue.  But I forget the exact sequence of events (I just know I made the mistake of pressing and holding the lights button or jets button on the charging dock for too long and ended up going into pair-mode without realizing it - at that time my wireless remote completely stopped working until I did something, which I think was removing the remote battery for a few seconds)

Well do you think that frequency would be only an issue when it gets below -20C?