2002 HotSprings Sovereign 30 AMP Breaker Tripping - No Heat

mike207

Hello all,

Sorry In advance of asking this same question that so many have asked. I just can't find the exact answers to move forward with repairs. We have a 2002 Sovereign I with at Watkins No Fault 6000 heater (the older style). We emptied, cleaned it, then refilled through the center filter hole. It heated up to 102 overnight and the "ready light" was on. When I got home from work the 30 Amp breaker was tripped and the temp was dropping. Doing all the tests that I read from other posts I leaned towards replacing the 30Amp Breaker.  $180 from Amazon. Local dealer was $390... Anyway, that didn't solve the problem.  I do have the red light on the circuit board for the heater. I attempted to push on the reset button that doesn't change anything.  The circ pump is working as you can feel it moving, the jets and pumps work. I took the heater wires off the circuit board and checked the Ohms on the heater. It was between 10-11. I read somewhere that is good.  Maybe I am missing something, and all this points to a bad heater. Doing the repairs are not a problem for me it's more about what repairs to do. 

Thanks for any insight! Temps in the Northeast are dropping, and I have to decide to drain the tub or not.

M

Have you tested the temp sensors on the tub?  It sounds like the tub might be in protect mode - allowing the circ pump to run but not the heater because it doesn't "know" what temp the water is.   Temp sensors are easy to test and cheap/easy to replace.

But temp sensors wouldn't cause a breaker to trip..... so that could be a different unrelated issue if the breaker is still tripping constantly