DEL AOP SPA Sanitizer

PJN

I want to replace the Freshwater III Ozone System on my Hot Spring Envoy with the CMP DEL AOP SPA Sanitizer (240v). I cannot find any information on how to wire this device to the control panel. Do I use the same connections as the FW Ozone System? Watkins Customer Service is no help. Is there anyone that has installed this AOP Sanitizer on their hot tub? Any advice is welcome.

I doubt the replacement at 240 volts is what the old one was. Maybe someone else can chime in, but the old one was probably 110 volt. Check the old one to see it's rated voltage. If 110, it can be converted in the controller.

If this doesn't work, do NOT yell at me , I am fragile.

15 hours ago, PJN said:

I want to replace the Freshwater III Ozone System on my Hot Spring Envoy with the CMP DEL AOP SPA Sanitizer (240v).

Why not replace with an oem Freshwater III High-output ozonator module? 

I get that the AOP Spa sanitizer system also adds a UV light.   However the ozonator output is lower than the Freshwater III system, and you need to replace the UV bulb annually for optimal performance if I'm not mistaken which means more hassles.

Between a higher output ozonator system or a 2-in-1, I think I'd still prefer the oem ozonator unit.

16 hours ago, PJN said:

Do I use the same connections as the FW Ozone System?

Nope, you're gonna have to get creative

16 hours ago, PJN said:

Watkins Customer Service is no help.

Watkins doesn't want customers tinkering with their hardware - it's a liability concern.  They will not share technical specs or schematics directly with end-users regardless how old your tub is.   They want you to work with an authorized technician who they know will service the spa using OEM spec parts.   This is done for a variety of reasons (liability and quality control), but obviously not ideal for the DIY weekend warrior.    As much as I'm a fanboy of Hotspring highlife spas, I advise against them for friends who prefer to DIY service their own spas.

10 hours ago, In Hot Water said:

I doubt the replacement at 240 volts is what the old one was. Maybe someone else can chime in, but the old one was probably 110 volt. Check the old one to see it's rated voltage

I believe that is correct - the Freshwater III ozonator unit runs on 110v, not 240v.  OP is gonna need to get creative to tap into power for that unit if they want to use it.