Need Tub's Ballpark Measurements And Weight

bils613

I am looking for some approx., ballpark dimensions (Height, Length, Width), and weight for a Hot Tub. I need it as we are at a point in the project to establish an elevated Deck's depth, but we have not even started looking at Hot Tubs. I'm hoping that all of you Retailers out there can help me. Thx.

I am looking for some approx., ballpark dimensions (Height, Length, Width), and weight for a Hot Tub. I need it as we are at a point in the project to establish an elevated Deck's depth, but we have not even started looking at Hot Tubs. I'm hoping that all of you Retailers out there can help me. Thx.

Almost every tub manufactuer puts this data on thier web site, so you can easliy check if you had a specific hot tub in mind.

However, a quick check of HotSprings shows the Grandee model (I belive thier biggest) is:

500 gal = 6233 lbs filled (plus you need to add the wehight of the bathers)

8'4 x 7'7" x 38"

Artic's tub the Klondiker (another big tub)

540 gallons . It doesn't give the fill wieght, but 1 gallon of water = 8.33 lbs. so that would be 4,498.2 lbs, PLUS what ever the weight of the actual spa itself is. I'd add 2000lbs.

7"8" 3/4 x 7'8" 3/4 x 38.

Some folks have super swim tubs that are much larger. But the above is a good sized tub. I would think most tubs are similliar to the above, or smaller.

Remember: you need to add the wieght of the bathers. These tubs claim to be 6-8 person tubs, and you could squeeze in more. Plus other folks on the deck. :unsure:

Oh yea, don't forget to figure in space for the cover lifter to lift up and behind the spa, as well as some stairs too!

Almost every tub manufactuer puts this data on thier web site, so you can easliy check if you had a specific hot tub in mind.

However, a quick check of HotSprings shows the Grandee model (I belive thier biggest) is:

500 gal = 6233 lbs filled (plus you need to add the wehight of the bathers)

8'4 x 7'7" x 38"

Artic's tub the Klondiker (another big tub)

540 gallons . It doesn't give the fill wieght, but 1 gallon of water = 8.33 lbs. so that would be 4,498.2 lbs, PLUS what ever the weight of the actual spa itself is. I'd add 2000lbs.

7"8" 3/4 x 7'8" 3/4 x 38.

You're right that the manufacturers have the specs on their sites but I couldn't beleive the weight difference between the Hot Springs and the Arctic. I looked at their sites and the Hot Springs already is factoring in the weights of the people so both those spas will be in the mid 6k pounds.

You're right that the manufacturers have the specs on their sites but I couldn't beleive the weight difference between the Hot Springs and the Arctic. I looked at their sites and the Hot Springs already is factoring in the weights of the people so both those spas will be in the mid 6k pounds.

ahhh, the fine print. Thanks!

When building a deck for my tub (Arctic Spa Cub) I was advised to build to support about 100lbs per square foot. I asked the building center about this, and ended up going with a 10' x 12' deck with 16" centers and plenty of decking blocks (my deck is only slightly raised, just under a foot above ground). What i was told, is the higher the deck you are building, the more support you will need if you plan on putting a tub on it. Basically, every manufacturer told me 100lbs per square foot of support would hold any tub i plan on placing on it, this came from dealers of all brands other than arctic as well. The main worry they expressed with a raised deck was more of it "swaying" with the weight of the tub and bathers, thus needing more support. While the manufacturers of your tub can give you weights of the tub (dry, filled, approx weight with full bathers, plus if you want room on your deck to entertain factor that in), ask your local building center experts about the best approach to building a deck with enough support.

When building a deck for my tub (Arctic Spa Cub) I was advised to build to support about 100lbs per square foot. I asked the building center about this, and ended up going with a 10' x 12' deck with 16" centers and plenty of decking blocks (my deck is only slightly raised, just under a foot above ground). What i was told, is the higher the deck you are building, the more support you will need if you plan on putting a tub on it. Basically, every manufacturer told me 100lbs per square foot of support would hold any tub i plan on placing on it, this came from dealers of all brands other than arctic as well. The main worry they expressed with a raised deck was more of it "swaying" with the weight of the tub and bathers, thus needing more support. While the manufacturers of your tub can give you weights of the tub (dry, filled, approx weight with full bathers, plus if you want room on your deck to entertain factor that in), ask your local building center experts about the best approach to building a deck with enough support.

Its never a bad idea to go with a bit of overkill 2x10's on 16 inch center with a double 2x10 beam set or 3, depending on canitlever. Check the local codes and build accordingly.