Trevi Spas, anyone?

Sam Dunk

Hi. I live in Quebec and this Trevi company seems to be making really practical spas, at a "reasonable" price. I cannot find anything online about them but I know they are very popular. Help! I am very tempted!

Any Trevi Spa owner here willing to share their experience about owning one of these? Reliable?

Thanks

Trevi has been around since 1972 and are quite large in Quebec. They sell different brands so would need to know what brand and model you are looking at. There are some mixed reviews online but a company that size is going to have a few negative reviews. You will need to do some more research on the specific dealer location as what you get at one store might be different from another.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I’m looking at the Trevi L-900. My wife and I wet-tested Jacuzzi 475, Bullfrog A8L, Arctic Spas Summit but the Trevi L-600 (same frame as the L-900) was the most comfortable wet and the jets were just right.

With all the others the jets were a little too strong for our taste for prolonged use.  Arctic Spas’ individual jets are hard to turn, Bullfrog has shitty foot jets, Jacuzzi was nice but the lounger’s seat is too upright.l and we really want a lounger. The most comfortable without jets were the Arctics but jets matter. Even if you close them partially it’s just not right. Trevi was perfect, although a little smaller. I was looking for a higher-end spa but hey a test-drive is the best way. 
Trevi’s warranty sucks, though. That’s what makes me a little hesitant. I’m especially worried about the spa not being able to heat to 100-102 and keep it when it’s -20 Celsius outside and we’re sitting in it. I’m buying a spa mostly for the  wintertime so to me that’s super important. I can’t find any online testimonials about winter use with these spas and it’s quite frustrating.

They only use « RMAX » panels for isolation, I don’t think they use any polyurethane. That also worries me a bit for winter use.

Thanks for helping a guy out, CanadianSpaTech. If you can offer anymore insight I’m all ears.

I’m actually thinking of paying a spa repairman to go look at the Trevi L-900 in store and tell me if he thinks it’s going to last and do its job during the winter or not with the components it has. Not a bad idea?

Cheers 

On 4/11/2022 at 7:20 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Trevi has been around since 1972 and are quite large in Quebec. They sell different brands so would need to know what brand and model you are looking at. There are some mixed reviews online but a company that size is going to have a few negative reviews. You will need to do some more research on the specific dealer location as what you get at one store might be different from another.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:20 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Found this about the insulation. They use some kind of foam as well as the panels. Sounds smart. Hope it works!

At Trévi, all spas are created keeping in mind Quebecers’ tastes and winter harsh conditions. The insulation of a spa should not be neglected. Some spas are insulated with urethan. With time, urethan hardens and may crack. When this happens, there is no possible insulation and if there is a leak, urethan has to be broken. This is why Trévi prefers two different types of insulation. The first is an insulating foam that always goes back to its original shape. It has air cells that provide an excellent insulation. Should a leak happen, the foam will absorb the water and allow us to locate the leak area, to slightly scratch the foam and to repair the leak. The other insulant is the MAX panel surrounding the spa. Should a problem arise, the spa skirt and the panels are removed, the problem repaired and everything put back in place. The panel is seven times more efficient than urethan. The foam provides 50% more insulation than any other material commonly used. 

Personally I am all for perimeter insulation. If you look at most "full foam" spas the section along the front where the pumps and equipment sit will have open vents introducing cold air for cooling the pumps. Cover thickness is critical. Heat rises and if you think how your house is insulated the attic gets the most insulation. A 6"-4" will insulate better than a 4-3". On a large 8' spa a thicker cover will help in preventing center sag over time as well depending on cover construction. The Trevi L 900 has 100 jets but most are small faced and might not be what you are looking for if you like long soaks. I would take a spa with 50 jets if there was a good variety of large faced jets that offer some action like rotation and diffusion. They state 7BHP pumps...sounds good but what you really need to know what the amp draw is to determine HP. A 10 amp pump =3HP a 12amp pump 4 hp. 

9 hours ago, Sam Dunk said:

Trevi’s warranty sucks, though. That’s what makes me a little hesitant. I’m especially worried about the spa not being able to heat to 100-102 and keep it when it’s -20 Celsius outside and we’re sitting in it. I’m buying a spa mostly for the  wintertime so to me that’s super important.

Most MFG warranties have been reduced and pro rated in the last dozen years. Can't find much about Trevi warranties online. Maintaining heat can depend on how the spa is set up and what size GFCI they run. A lot of 50 amp spas depending on how many pumps they have and what the total amp draw is when everything is running adds up to. They might run pump 1 on high speed and have the heater on at the same time but when you engage pump 2 if the amp draw becomes greater than the GFCI rating it will disengage the heater. So you can only have both pumps on high but no heat and in 20 below you want to be able to run 2 or 3 pumps on high AND the heater to maintain heat. There are trade offs to this. You might have 3 pumps but they will likely be less amp draw 3 3hp instead of 2 or3 4hp to keep it under the amp draw of the GFCI. A spa that uses a 60 amp GFCI and allows 60 amp operation will be able to run more amp draw. 

• 2 months later...