Caldera V Others

spavirgin

Several posters have asked the same basic question - I don't yet see an answer, so I'll ask it as well.

What did you have in writing? I'm not talking about emails. Did you have a sales contract?

I see that you posted this: "The kids (12 & 14) and I wet tested it tonight, and we all liked it alot. Was not quite ready to make this commitment yet. Ordered a new boat a couple of weeks ago. Told the dealer I would mull it over this weekend, and get back to them Monday. Thanks for any/all responses."

But that was on the 14th of April. And if you said the same thing to the dealer that you typed here, then you were clear that this was not a deal, no money changed hands, there was no reason for him to hold the tub for you. Then the 4th of May you posted a copy of an angry email sent to complain that the dealer did exactly what a dealer is supposed to do: sell a spa after you told him you were not ready to commit to the deal. Sorry if this seems to take sides - I'm not really trying to do that - but am I missing something? You had an awesome chance to get a fantastic deal on a very good spa. You waited too long to move on it, and somebody else got the deal. I'm sure sorry if you thought that telling a dealer you wanted the spa would be binding, it isn't. It can't be. We dealers hear that day in and day out. If I waited for every 'be back,' I would anger the customer who is in the store today with his checkbook and pen in hand.

Several people have given you very good advice in this thread - they all basically said 'jump on it or it will be gone.' Now it is gone, and yet the dealer is willing to offer you the same price on a brand new spa - plus freight.

All I can say is, "Jump on it." That is still a smokin' deal. Calm down, put a smile on your face and go sit down with the owner or manager tomorrow. Have them write out exactly what the deal includes: which brand of cover lift, what colors, how long it will take to get, and how much the shipping will be. Get the final price including tax. Keep in mind that if they put it on a truck with other spas it should cost less, but may add time to get the unit into your yard.

Then write a check. That is the only way you can get the deal - you have to sign something and hand over some money. Then it becomes a binding deal on all parties involved.

You will love the tub, and after it is all in place, you will be very glad you did all this. The disappointment of missing that first tub will fade as you hear what other folks are paying for the very same tub all over the country..

B)

I agree, $6900 was a steal for a left over 06 floor model. But the dealer is now offering a brand new 07 for the same price plus frieght? (how much is freight?)

Sounds like this dealer is being avery good sport about a mix up and wants your business.

I agree, $6900 was a steal for a left over 06 floor model. But the dealer is now offering a brand new 07 for the same price plus frieght? (how much is freight?)

Sounds like this dealer is being avery good sport about a mix up and wants your business.

The freight quote was mentioned at 400 - 500. That is not really the point. If the dealer had such a problem handling basic interoffice communication (which is what really failed), I am wondering what will happen when I have my first service problem or concern. It really is more reflective on the dealer, than any problem with Caldera. I also am involved in a sales and service oriented field, and have to stand by salesman promises, either written or verbal. As we all know word of mouth can be the best and worst advertising available. Whether or not anyone else thinks this is a steal is irrelevant. It was a working agreement between myself and the dealer, which had not yet reached the contractual stage, through the communication problems of the dealer staff. At this point I am sticking to my guns, and have let the dealer know that. If they can honor their previous commitment, I will be more than happy to put this behind us, and hopefully be a proud customer of theirs.

The freight quote was mentioned at 400 - 500. That is not really the point. If the dealer had such a problem handling basic interoffice communication (which is what really failed), I am wondering what will happen when I have my first service problem or concern. It really is more reflective on the dealer, than any problem with Caldera. I also am involved in a sales and service oriented field, and have to stand by salesman promises, either written or verbal. As we all know word of mouth can be the best and worst advertising available. Whether or not anyone else thinks this is a steal is irrelevant. It was a working agreement between myself and the dealer, which had not yet reached the contractual stage, through the communication problems of the dealer staff. At this point I am sticking to my guns, and have let the dealer know that. If they can honor their previous commitment, I will be more than happy to put this behind us, and hopefully be a proud customer of theirs.

I think the fact the dealer is willing to extend a 9500 hot tub for you at 6900 + shipping speaks a lot and isn't irerelevant. He could just say "Sorry" that was a unique one time deal. I'm really sorry for the miscomunication but I'll give you a $1000 credit off this 07 Niagra that sells for 10,500. " Or just shake your hand appologize and let you leave his store.

He's matching the deal if you're willing to pay the freight. Sounds like a decent offer. But yea, you don't have to take it.

If you feel he honestly and knowlingly screwed you and is being dishonest, then walk away and be happy you didn't do business with him.

I think there was a mis comunication, - as other have stated, for 3 weeks you sat on the offer, with no contract. If you decided to buy another tub last week from another dealer, where would that leave him?

If this is the tub you want, tell the dealer that your sorry things got screwed up -it's frustrating- and you like the deal and write it all up.

If you have bad feelings about this guy, or don't want the tub, tell the guy no thanks and move on. Its just that simple. There's not too much else folks can tell you. You admit you didn't have a contract. There are no more 06's tubs. you're getting a deal he doens't have to extend to you. What is it you are looking for? What do you want him to do?

If this is the tub you want, tell the dealer that your sorry things got screwed up -it's frustrating- and you like the deal and write it all up.

If you have bad feelings about this guy, or don't want the tub, tell the guy no thanks and move on. Its just that simple.

Sounds like a very good deal to me so I'd agree that these are pretty much the two options!

I think the fact the dealer is willing to extend a 9500 hot tub for you at 6900 + shipping speaks a lot and isn't irerelevant. He could just say "Sorry" that was a unique one time deal. I'm really sorry for the miscomunication but I'll give you a $1000 credit off this 07 Niagra that sells for 10,500. " Or just shake your hand appologize and let you leave his store.

He's matching the deal if you're willing to pay the freight. Sounds like a decent offer. But yea, you don't have to take it.

If you feel he honestly and knowlingly screwed you and is being dishonest, then walk away and be happy you didn't do business with him.

I think there was a mis comunication, - as other have stated, for 3 weeks you sat on the offer, with no contract. If you decided to buy another tub last week from another dealer, where would that leave him?

If you have bad feelings about this guy, or don't want the tub, tell the guy no thanks and move on. Its just that simple. There's not too much else folks can tell you. You admit you didn't have a contract. There are no more 06's tubs. you're getting a deal he doens't have to extend to you. What is it you are looking for? What do you want him to do?

Just to re-iterate, I was not sitting on anything. The dealer was told about the problem with the cover lifter on the Tuesday following our wet test. I was always told they were checking on a solution. I finally posted the topic on this forum, and was told about the Covermate III. I forwarded this info to the dealer, which they still checked on for another week. When inquiring about it, I was told they did not want to buy directly from Leisure Systems, and were looking for another option. This is what resulted in my supposed "delayed" buying decision. I just wanted to clear this point up.

Just to re-iterate, I was not sitting on anything. The dealer was told about the problem with the cover lifter on the Tuesday following our wet test. I was always told they were checking on a solution. I finally posted the topic on this forum, and was told about the Covermate III. I forwarded this info to the dealer, which they still checked on for another week. When inquiring about it, I was told they did not want to buy directly from Leisure Systems, and were looking for another option. This is what resulted in my supposed "delayed" buying decision. I just wanted to clear this point up.

There's definatly a miscomnication Spavirgin.

I think you are getting an excellent deal, and the fact the dealer is extending it to you, says he isn't going to leave you high and dry if you need work. If he was that type, you'd be high and dry right now. No? but he's trying to do you right.

If things haven't soured to the point of no return with him, make friends and take the deal. don't pass it up all in spite.

If you're not happy doing business with him, walk away. You don't want the tub to always be a point of contention and remind you of a bad experience. (this is supposed to be fun). And it sucks to have a bad relationship with a dealer if you need warrenty work.

the point I'm trying to make is I don't think $6900 + SH is an offer he would make to anyone else on an 07 tub fresh from the factory. So he is taking care of you. If you need proof he's a stand up guy, there it is.

There's definatly a miscomnication Spavirgin.

I think you are getting an excellent deal, and the fact the dealer is extending it to you, says he isn't going to leave you high and dry if you need work. If he was that type, you'd be high and dry right now. No? but he's trying to do you right.

If things haven't soured to the point of no return with him, make friends and take the deal. don't pass it up all in spite.

If you're not happy doing business with him, walk away. You don't want the tub to always be a point of contention and remind you of a bad experience. (this is supposed to be fun). And it sucks to have a bad relationship with a dealer if you need warrenty work.

the point I'm trying to make is I don't think $6900 + SH is an offer he would make to anyone else on an 07 tub fresh from the factory. So he is taking care of you. If you need proof he's a stand up guy, there it is.

*****************************************************************************************

Dealer just contacted me. They will honor existing agreement. 07 Niagara (my choice of colors), cover, Covermate III lifter, steps, chems, GFCI box, shipping and delivery. I am stopping this week to pick colors and give them a deposit. Hopefully this will end up better than it started. Does anyone know the actual MSRP of an 07 Niagara? I have only been dealing with the 06 models.

Thanks

*****************************************************************************************

Dealer just contacted me. They will honor existing agreement. 07 Niagara (my choice of colors), cover, Covermate III lifter, steps, chems, GFCI box, shipping and delivery. I am stopping this week to pick colors and give them a deposit. Hopefully this will end up better than it started. Does anyone know the actual MSRP of an 07 Niagara? I have only been dealing with the 06 models.

Thanks

The MSRP is about $10,800 and usually retails for around $9-10K.

It sounds like you really like the tub. So I'm happy your getting the tub you want.

Thanks.....

Did you get the Geneva yet?

Can't wait to lose my virginity to the mighty Niagara !!!

Honeslty, I can't belive you're getting the niagra at the price. Last years floor model at that price was amazing...but a brand new 07....man.

On the pother board, a poster was quoted 9800 for the Niagra (that's were I got the MSRP so quick. They had posted the MSRP and Sale price. I had just read it this a.m.).

Geneva should be here by the end of the month. I spent all weekend making my pad area bigger.

Chas,

We have a deal in place. Down payment will be executed in the next couple of days. I will re-post my earlier explanation again.

Just to re-iterate, I was not sitting on anything. The dealer was told about the problem with the cover lifter on the Tuesday following our wet test. I was always told they were checking on a solution. I finally posted the topic on this forum, and was told about the Covermate III. I forwarded this info to the dealer, which they still checked on for another week. When inquiring about it, I was told they did not want to buy directly from Leisure Systems, and were looking for another option. This is what resulted in my supposed "delayed" buying decision. I just wanted to clear this point up

Spavirgin

Honeslty, I can't belive you're getting the niagra at the price. Last years floor model at that price was amazing...but a brand new 07....man.

On the pother board, a poster was quoted 9800 for the Niagra (that's were I got the MSRP so quick. They had posted the MSRP and Sale price. I had just read it this a.m.).

Geneva should be here by the end of the month. I spent all weekend making my pad area bigger.

It sounds like the dealer just decided to make it good and satisfy the customer. If they didn't do this you would have walked so they weighed making someone unhappy or satisfying you while making VERY little profit (they'd go out of business selling at that normally). They may have made a mistake earlier but they then took the high road. Good for both of you.

Sounds like it's working out now.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the tub.

B)

Chas,

We have a deal in place. Down payment will be executed in the next couple of days.

You have a deal in place - do you have a contract on this one? :D

Another question - where are you? I think your dealer deserves some props here.

And hey - I got an e-mail saying Jimmy posted in this thread, but there's nothing here. Was he banned, or what (this is me living in hopeful land)?

You have a deal in place - do you have a contract on this one? :D

Another question - where are you? I think your dealer deserves some props here.

And hey - I got an e-mail saying Jimmy posted in this thread, but there's nothing here. Was he banned, or what (this is me living in hopeful land)?

I am waiting for the salesperson to setup a time to do the paperwork. As soon as the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted, I will prop up the dealer. I also got the douchebag's... errrr Jimmy thread, but saw no post. I don't know if I waste more time at work reading his Ted Kosinski like ramblings, or listening to Jim Rome. Anyway, I will post dealer info when deal comes to fruition.

Good news !!!

Just signed the order. Dealer is Mermaid Pools in Green Bay, WI. They honored the deal that was in place on the 2006 wet floor model, on a 2007 model which was ordered today. Deal included spa, cover, Covermate 1 lifter, steps, delivery and tax. I will provide some feedback when the first soak occurs, 6-8 weeks from now.