Coast Spa jet question - please help ID this jet!

FromFargo

On 11/7/2021 at 1:58 PM, T MORGAN said:

Nothing from anyone on my end 

TIm

We need to fine a dealer for waterways that will order these parts for us.

Will work on that next week

Tim, I have a good lead, now just need to figure out a part number that works.

From Hot Tub Outpost (who I have the whole assembly ordered through as well as direct with Coast):

“Nate – this is the response from my boss down below, but notate if you can get an actual part number that is correct, we would love to get it

215-7368 is not a valid part number for a volcano jet/jet body.   It may be a wall fitting, but not available through distribution. The gasket is in stock.”

Maybe one of the gurus can identify if there is an auxiliary part number to 215-7368 for the wall fitting? I perused through the part catalogue with no luck.  

I am having a local company reproduce the part in ABS plastic via 3D printing - should’ve done this at the start. I will let you know how this part installs and may offer them for sale if the quality meets expectations. It will not be clear, but it will be heat/ chemical durable and physically strong. 

Does anyone know if the interior nozzle portion can be fixed in place? The printing company offered to make a single piece of the wall flange and internal nozzle, but I’ve never seen the jet operating to know if it needs to be a separate part. 

215-7368 Wall Fitting (Clear Plastic Ring Threaded

711-6500 Gasket for wall fitting

711-7330 Gasket for Jet Body

These are Waterway Plastics Part numbers. As stated these parts are the components to the whole jet body. Usually the Jet body itself is not damaged and it is the clear plastic ring that gets damaged or crakes and leaks over time. These are good numbers from waterways but most spa dealers do not list them. I am sure if a dealer would call and give waterway these numbers they would be able to order these components.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Just got word from Hot tub outpost they should be back in stock next week. They still will not sell the components, so we have to by the whole jet body. They do not sell a wrench for installing these so I made my own if anyone is interested. I used a connector which would connect two pieces of 3” exhaust pipe so the OD is 3.25” which is what you need. I then marked it out and cut all the knot he’s out with a die grinder. Pictures attached 

15E6F6FA-D6A8-4023-98AF-7DA34659FFF1.jpeg

5BFE4ECA-B09E-4E7F-9FCF-56E4916B5902.jpeg

1B23C925-A9E7-424E-A234-361EAB250310.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, T MORGAN said:

Did you ever get the ones made out of ABS 

apologies for the late reply, didn’t get an email notification  

I did not get my 3D printed version done yet. We’ve gone through a few iterations and the thread design has been the hardest part. Since it’s been snowing and subzero I’m not anxious to be fiddling with the tub these days. 

But in other news my order from hottuboutpost also shipped, so I will take in the part to them to see if we can get one that mates we’ll with the housing. Obviously I’m satisfied now but I did hear that there is still a back order list and it could help others. They did improve on the original design as it has slots for a wrench to actuate (will post pics later).

Speaking of, I did not consider needing a tool to attach the original part. I may copy your design… is this a take on a special tool from cost we don’t have access to? My assumption was that the “finger grooves” in the flange were there to install since that inner diverted housing doesn’t move.