Coast Spa jet question - please help ID this jet!

FromFargo

Hello - new spa owner, but have had pools throughout my life. Quick backstory - our new neighbors didn't want the Coast / Northwind spa that came with their house, and offered it up for free. A family member works at a spa dealership and provided the spa dolly to wheel it over. Getting it wired next week! For the price, it was impossible to say no 😂

64964114963__0539DDD3-37D1-4486-A564-69AD03417535.fullsizerender.thumb.jpeg.fb372e4e1f6394ee8a669ffef3112fc9.jpeg

While cleaning it out, noticed cracks on two clear jet surrounds, which screw into the housing and retain a nozzle. Contacted Coast spas, who provided the attached diagram (affected jets circled) but stated that the two jets are not sold and offered replacement parts. Does the community have any insight as to if I can get these replacement surrounds from another source? I'm also considering plastic cement / JB weld to fix these as replacing the jet / body/ diverter is a very in-depth job. 

thumbnail_Image.thumb.jpg.d8094e55f0c990bd635528af8f9c42f3.jpg1764132230_ScreenShot2021-08-26at11_08_17AM.thumb.png.547bceaed2c8948ad8a05985df0a6dce.png

A8F20BAB-1B13-474B-A4A0-77072CB917A7.thumb.jpeg.393b2ee3ce392e3a69d674abe6aca226.jpeg

Thanks in advance! - Nate

NorthWind_Elite_Radiance_Lounger_47_2008 (1).pdf

On 8/26/2021 at 8:26 PM, RDspaguy said:

I don't know, I've never tried to not replace a cracked thru-wall flange. I don't expect great results, but caulk is a better choice. Get epoxy on those threads and you'll be sorry.

Thanks for the reply- the idea was to remove the flange, epoxy, cure, then re-install with silicone / caulk. Don’t want to  permanently install this fix!!

Upon inspecting the 2nd jet, the plastic is much further deteriorated… I dont think repairing it is an option. Any idea on the price range for replacing? I’ll do some calls tomorrow, but interested to hear what is reasonable in the community. 

It seems crazy to me that this isn’t an available part… are there no aftermarket sources for a flange like this?

thanks again!

Several jet manfs made clear jets. But clear plastic is more brittle and prone to breaking than white/gray, so they stopped making what became a warranty problem for them. I don't recognize the brand so couldn't say if there is a white replacement out there.

Since replacing it requires getting to the plumbing from the other side I couldn't say. Depends on how accessible it is under there.

• FromFargo changed the title to Coast Spa jet question - please help ID this jet!
39 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

WOW. Thank you @CanadianSpaTech… absolutely incredible. Ordered 3, 1 as a spare. Confused why their support said the part is discontinued and directed to have it re-plumbed… But that’s water under the bridge (and soon to the inside of my spa!!). 

One last bonus question as I get prepared to fire it up. I’m assuming that this device is an ozone generator. Would you all recommend replacing this unit, or what is the life expectancy? 
083E1B6E-07B1-479E-80B6-673C34C7D10E.thumb.jpeg.e8e9a964f694bf6b956b9a1dc76827a4.jpeg

Thanks @RDspaguy - Will see if there is a bulb replacement... might hold off on replacing to see what my O3 levels are at once it's running. Planning on a 3 step bromine process, perhaps an upgrade to a corona discharge would allow lower chemical use (just reading your post on spa water care). 

Thanks so much for all the help - will post a follow up with it up and running!

• 1 month later...

I am looking for the same jet for 6 months now and I am being told that they are back ordered by my vendor hot tub outpost. Also called Coast directly and was told back ordered and will not be available till the end of the year. Anyone that can help me acquire one of these jets i would appreciate it. Cold weather is coming real soon and need to get my spa repaired. Anyone have any luck gluing this clear jet.

Jet Part # CC2107368

On 10/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, T MORGAN said:

I am looking for the same jet for 6 months now and I am being told that they are back ordered by my vendor hot tub outpost. Also called Coast directly and was told back ordered and will not be available till the end of the year. Anyone that can help me acquire one of these jets i would appreciate it. Cold weather is coming real soon and need to get my spa repaired. Anyone have any luck gluing this clear jet.

Jet Part # CC2107368

Same here t Morgan- have not received an update since September, have them on order from both hot tub outpost and coast directly. I have friends who are proficient in 3D printing, tempted to pay to have them design a replacement.

Alternatively, is there maybe a general plumbing fitting to simply block off the port? Loosing 2 jets for a while wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Ok I talked to waterway today on the jet. They did have the number CC2107368. As we know that is for the complete jet body with the wall fitting. I assume your jet body is still good like mine and you just need the clear plastic piece that threads into the jet body. It turns out that we can just order components for this jet body. Below are the component parts and numbers that I was supplied.

215-7368 Wall Fitting (Clear Plastic Ring Threaded

711-6500 Gasket for wall fitting

711-7330 Gasket for Jet Body

Waterway Plastics will not sell to the public of course that would be to easy.

Put a call into Coast to see if they would order them from Waterway Plastics got voice mail and waiting on a call from them.

Also working with a company Blue Water spas in Michigan and they are trying to track them down for me.

Tim