Sundance Optima Air Control Replacement Question - Help Please.

Hi all. Refurbing a 2004 Optima. I have everything working with the exception of a few air control valves. They seem to be stuck on no bubbles. I've ordered replacement jets to see if the problem is jet related. However, I note that there is a replacement air control part, maybe 6540-377.  Would this be the right part? Some web sites say it goes back to 1999, and others say its 2005 forward. 

Can anyone remember replacing this part? And if so, how does it come out? I tried unscrewing and it felt like it would break when it hit an end stop. 

Thanks for any tips!

6540-377__96796.1511885124.500.659.jpg

If I am not mistaken, those just snap into place. They can be difficult to remove once the plunger has broken off the guide tabs. Turn it to the closed position and force it farther, it should snap up and out.

Or you can just replace the whole thing. They are easy to get to, and you don't have to dig out much foam. Just cut off the bottom pipe, remove the nut, and pop it up out of the jacket and shell. Drop in the new one, reinstall the nut, and plumb the bottom pipe back in.

Describe exactly what it is doing, as it may not be a bad air control.

Hi. No air is being injected into the 5 inch jets that correspond to the appropriate control valves. The air control I have control over is the one for the foot jets. I did replace a complete jet hoping that the issue was inside the jet where the air and water get blended, but that did not make any difference. 

Is there an air intake that pipes fresh air into that system I could check? 

Thanks!

If it makes a difference, I just blew air from my shop vac into the 2 or 3 of the plastic air tubes inside the cabinet and the jets bubbled. They bubbled with the jet control on or off with the vac blowing. I noticed a few bubbles trickling out a couple of the jets after this.  Normally is there a ton of air?

It should look like the rest of the jets with the air control on. If you can blow air through then it's not the valve or the intake pipes. You are either pressurizing the air line with water or your venturi isn't working properly. That means jets. Are they spinning jets, and do they spin anymore? That can do it. Deterioration or scaling of the plastic stem on the jet insert or jets installed upside-down can cause this too. Too many jets turned off, or a higher hp pump than the original installed recently can also do it.