Spa heater error 5

Trex

Hi all and thank you for accepting me here.
I left my spa on heat with the circulation pump and when I discovered it the next day the spa power controller is showing er 5 which does not clear via the cool off and reset.
I'm thinking the next avenue will be the temp sensor in the SP400 heater.
Have I missed anything or will I be up for a temp sensor replacement?

Error code 5
Heater related, anything from circ pump not flowing (pulled it out and plugged it straight into 240 and worked) to optical sensor, as per the manual, pressing up and down button does not reset the panel.
Spa is currently 30deg C
I'm thinking I can rule out the circ pump now, so looking st the optical sensor now, but it is my first spa and my first problem with it after weeks of play.
Heater light is blinking red...

85021535_10216067385663546_6440057848352210944_o.jpg

2020-03-17 16.06.08.jpg

2020-03-17 16.06.16.jpg

2020-03-17 16.06.31.jpg

2020-03-17 16.06.38.jpg

2020-12-02 13.29.10.jpg

2020-12-02 13.39.37.jpg

Hot springs, model unknkwn
Davey Spa power touch pad
Davey Spa power SP400P controller
Davey Spa power SP400 1.5kw heater

Now that I have the reset procedure correct it runs for a minute then display goes crazy, with alarm and auto led flash, turn it off and back on again shows error 8 with heater led flashing, tried to pull the heater apart but no luck, have ordered new heater.

I doubt it's the heater. Still need to see the circuit board and wiring diagram to try to figure out what you have going on there. Never heard of Davey.

Remove filters. Does it work? Leave them out until this is resolved.

Check pressure switch with an ohm or continuity meter, which should be the smaller wire going to the heater I would guess. It should be open with power off and closed with the circ pump running. Post results.

Thank you for your responses.
No pressure switch, only optic and temp in heater.
There are heaps of spa power (by davey)with the Sp400P circuit board controller and running the Sp400 heater on the market, very popular with the retrofit, which mine has making redundant the OEM Hotsprings control panel.
Spa was running fine till I left the circ/heat on 36deg C over night  by accident.
Me thinks I an missing something like a manual reset in the heater but I destroyed it trying to disassemble it.
Have new heater en route.