Error message

sephibaby

Hi,

I've had my hot tub for 9 months now, never had any problems. Last week the word FLO appeared on my control panel.

I've drained and cleaned the tub, cleaned the filters, refilled it and I’ve still got the same message on my control panel.

The jets still work, and I can’t see anything wrong with the tub, except the 2 intake valves on the picture attached - the left one sucks my hand in when the jets are on, the right one doesn’t, and I’m wondering if they should both suck in water or not? The reason I’m unsure is because the right one has always dispensed the warmer water back into the tub when it’s heating back up during use, and I’m not sure if it has ever sucked water in.

the tub appears to operate normally but won’t heat up.

Thanks in advance

9608DFE4-FBA0-4D35-B09F-69B171E50BCE.jpeg

FBCF7C39-E66C-431E-9A6F-220A8D4B7825.jpeg

819A847F-C336-41E2-9ABA-0AC14D7C9060.jpeg

Any time you have a fl error always remove the filters and run without them until the issue is fixed making sure there is nothing in the spa that can go down the hole where the filters screw in. Remove the from the equation. 

How often are you cleaning the filters?

Now it is possible that the original issue was dirty filters and then you drained the spa and refilled and now have a different problem. Is the pump that works when heating moving water? If not it could be an air lock in the wet end. 

If you have the filters out and the pump that runs for heating is moving water then you will have to provide more information about the spa pack. Form the photo of the topside it looks to be a Gecko IN. pack but there are several versions here is a link to the In.XE troubleshooting guide:  https://spacare.com/productimages/pdfmanuals/Gecko/in.xe_Troublshooting_Guide.pdf 

Please let us know results

Hi,

thanks for the swift response. I turned off the tub and removed the filters, switched it back on and I am not getting any error messages at all - so I think I just need new filters.

despite the fresh water in the tub a load of nasty stuff came from the filter box and into the tub, so I’m guessing that despite me cleaning them, they’re knackered.

I was cleaning them every 2 months as instructed by the company I bought it off, but after doing some investigation around many different sites it’s recommended that I do this every 4/5 weeks, so I’m going to buy 2 sets of filters and rotate them monthly to ensure longevity.

Thanks

If you are using a paper pleated filters and using the spa 2-3 bathers, 2-3 times a week I recommend cleaning weekly. Only takes a few minutes. The cleaner you keep filters the cleaner the water will stay. You will use less chemicals and have fewer issues. Your filters might be different but paper pleated are very common.

There are products available to do a deep cleaning of the filters every 6 weeks to release body oils and other contaminates. Liquid solution and you soak the filters for 24 hours then rinse.

When you are doing a drain and clean at the 3 month point it is always a good idea to use a plumbing line cleaner to release bio-film and other contaminates from inside the plumbing. I use a product line called Ahh-Some for plumbing cleaning and filter soak. 

Again any time you have issue with the spa always remove filters first and take them out of the equation. 

Enjoy